Chapter 2 - Roommate

Charlotte's POV

I woke up to the sound of keys jingling in the door knob, only to hear the other person give up soon after. I assumed it was going to be my new roommate, but the fact that she couldn't even get the key in the door knob was scaring me. She was now knocking. Reluctantly, I got up and walked over to the door and opened it.

I was met with a very flustered brunette with pretty blue eyes.

"Oh, thank god! Sorry - I just, I'm not very good with keys." She began.

"No, its fine. I take it you're my roommate?" For once, I'm not the awkward one. What is happening?

"Yeah, yeah, sorry, shit, I'm Liv." She stuck her hand out to me.

I took it, oddly enough, and walked over to my bed. I suddenly realized that I haven't even told her my name. Awkward Charlotte is back, that didn't last long. I turned around and said, "Sorry, I hadn't realized I didn't introduce myself, either. I'm Charlotte."

"Oh, cool. Very cool, actually. That's a cool name. Cool." Liv said.

"I'm just going to throw it out there, but I'm assuming we're both socially awkward?" I turned towards her. She didn't seem embarrassed at all, just casually setting down her bags.

"I mean, not really. You just caught me at a bad time. I hate keys and of course I had to use one the second I stepped foot in this place. It's hard to recover from such a traumatizing event." Now I was embarrassed because I practically just accused her of being socially awkward. I guess she picked up on this because she started talking again. "But, obviously, you are. But don't worry, with me as your roommate, you will leave this place a whole new person. Where are you from?"

"Maine. Bates College."

"Of course you are. I'm from LA. Pepperdine, and I know what you're thinking. How the hell did somebody like me get into Pepperdine? I'm actually quite smart, Charlotte."

"Char. You can call me Char. And no, I wasn't really. I don't doubt that you're a genius." I smiled.

"Hey, I thought you were awkward. You're a smartass just like me. This is gonna be one good study abroad year." She had no idea what she was talking about. She began taking her things out of her suitcase, and putting them in her dresser. I still had to do that, but I needed to go to the store.

"I'm going to go to the store or whatever it's called here. I need to get like sheets and stuff." I tell her.

"You have a car here? Already?"

"Well, I rented one for a week, but once I have to return it, I'm gonna buy one yeah. But like a super cheap one. I can't live without a car."

"Oh, alright. Have fun." She continued unpacking as I grabbed my key and my phone and slipped out the door.

I quickly texted my mom and dad and told them that I was here safely and was just heading to the store now, seeming as I forgot to do that when I landed.

*****

I spent ages at Tesco, or however you spell the damn name. I picked out a plain comforter and sheet set along with other little things like pillows, towels, shampoo, and conditioner. I had already made my new bed and unpacked before Liv looked up at me.

"Right, normally I stay up later than this, I swear, but I've been on a plane for ages and I'm tired, so I'm going to bed. Goodnight, Char." She quickly shut off the lights and was horizontal within seconds.

It was getting late now, so I decided that it was better for me to go to sleep now too, so I plugged in my phone and feel asleep within minutes.

******

The next morning I woke up to an empty room. Liv was nowhere to be found, so I quickly changed and went to find some place to eat in this building. I was hungry; I hadn't eaten since before I got on the plane last night. I ended up finding some cafeteria thing and bought oatmeal and a banana. I sat down at one of the tables and ate while flicking through Twitter and Instagram.

When I had finished, I made my way back to my dorm, only to find Liv sitting next to the door. She noticed my presence and looked up. "I need your phone number, like now, because this is going to happen a lot."

I laughed and opened up an "Add Contact" screen and handed it to her. She texted herself so she had my number too, and I unlocked the door.

She followed me inside and we sat down on our respective beds.

"So Char, how did somebody like you end up here in London?"

*******

a/n: dialogue, look!! Anyway, I know this kinda seems boring right now, trust me, I know, but just wait until she meets Harry, then things will get better. Hopefully. Idk. Feedback please thank yaaaa:)