XXII

XXII: Exposed

"After months of rumors, patience and uncertainty, could it be true? Tony Stark, the billionaire everybody hates to love and loves to hate, had addressed that he was attracted to his younger bodyguard months ago

"After months of rumors, patience and uncertainty, could it be true? Tony Stark, the billionaire everybody hates to love and loves to hate, had addressed that he was attracted to his younger bodyguard months ago. In the same interview, the two bickered like an old married couple. It was truly adorable. Ever since, we all have been wondering if the two are, in fact, dating. It seems like after four months, we finally have the answer.

Of course, it is obvious that our beloved bodyguard has the tendency to be a bit touchy whenever he's around Stark, but one could argue that could be because he's not really trained as a bodyguard. Well, that theory is ready to be thrown off a building because we have been blessed with the two males sharing an adorable kiss this morning."

Steve's eyes were glued towards the 17 inch screen in front of him. He didn't exactly know how he felt. It wasn't just one feeling that he dealt with. He was embarrassed, terrified, betrayed, suspicious, even slightly flattered, and overall confused. He watched from a different angle how he kissed Tony's forehead before the man kissed him. God, even from an angle that smile afterwards was perfect. That thought caused heat to rise from the tips of his ears to his cheeks.

He himself was sitting on Tony's mainly used chair. The man had pushed him in it as soon as he entered the lab and had rolled him towards the laptop hastily. Bucky - or anyone for that matter - wasn't allowed in after Steve had entered the lab, and the door had locked behind him. Whatever it was that was wrong, he doubted that it was something team related.

So, now he was watching a YouTube channel that had just outed them with torn feelings. Tony stood behind him with a comforting hand on his shoulder. Whether that comfort was meant for Steve or himself, the soldier didn't know. Probably both.

"I thought we were alone," Steve admitted, his eyes still lingering on the currently paused screen. He could hear Tony's sigh from behind him and felt him move his arms. The man's fingers brushed against his shoulders and arms reassuringly.

"You and me both, babe," he agreed. No matter how confident the man tried to be, Steve could hear the worry in his voice. Steve groaned, leaning the back of his head against he man's stomach. The billionaire hugged him from behind, stroking his hair. "It'll be fine. If you want, I can request a press conference to tell them it's not true?"

Steve shook his head gently. "But then you would be lying," he contradicted the man's thought. Another sigh escaped Tony's mouth, the air that formed brushing against the soldier's longer strands. Steve watched silently how Tony appeared beside him and swiftly swung his right leg over Steve's legs. He made himself comfortable on Steve's lap, placing his hands on either of the man's face and rubbing small circles into the man's cheeks with his thumbs.

Steve himself held Tony up by resting his hands on the man's lower back. His eyes darted across Tony's face. The man's usually slicked back hair was now tousled, several strands resting on his forehead. In all honesty, it was one of Steve's favorite looks. The messy hair together with the worn out AC/DC shirt was a sight he was shamelessly attracted to.