1.

Narrator-

Summer vacation has finally come to an end which means that it is now time for college freshmen to move into their new dorms. Almost all young adults across the country are excited. This is a new chapter in their lives. Something that they can look back to and be proud of, but of course there is a small percentage of teens that aren't as giddy about this as everyone else.
~~~

Jada-

"Alright everything seems to be in place and all you have to do is hang your clothes up and get some food in you" my mother tells me frantically as she looks over everything in my room. I scan this new setting I have to live in with someone for the semester. I'm only claiming this room for a semester because I plan on becoming a R.A, just so I can have a dorm to myself.

I take a look at my mom and can see some tears creeping from her eyes. I quickly go over to her and give her a warm embrace, reassuring her that everything will be okay. "It's alright ma, I'll be home before you know it" I tell her in the hopes of calming her down. We both pull away from the hug and she dries her eyes. Before she leaves the room she tells me that she loves me and tells me to work extra hard.

When she finally leaves me to myself, I unpack the rest of my clothes and take a good look around the room. My roommate clearly was already here because half of the room was already decorated with small lights and posters. As I put one of my jackets on a hanger I hear my phone ring from my bed. I go to grab it and see that Nina is trying to FaceTime me. "Jada!" Nina screams through the phone happily.

"Yes Nina?" I respond back with a smile. "I wanna see your room. I feel so left out from all this college stuff" she tells me with a small pout after taking a sip of her tea. I almost forgot she's taking a semester off of school so that she can work. I pick my phone up and flip the camera so she can see my side of the dorm.

"You know you can hang out with Byron since he's not going to college right now too. Since ya know...he's still in...you know" I say in a goofy voice, expecting Nina to know what I'm tryna say. She laughs and finishes my statement for me "high school, yes I know" she laughs out again. "But you're right, I should definitely plan more stuff with him".

I nod my head and take a plop on my new bed. Nina soon ends the call after telling me that she has to go to work. I lay back in my bed and look up at the ceiling, just reminiscing on senior year. Everyday was a whole dream that turned into a nightmare.
~~~

Royalty-

"Where do you want this box?" I ask Catherine. Right now I'm helping her move into her new condo with Jayshawn. "Anywhere really" she tells me with a smile on her face. She then walks outside to get more boxes. She seems to be very excited about moving into her new home with Jayshawn, and even though I'm just as happy for her there's just so much happening in my life right now. I'm going to college, my mom is out of state, I have a new job and car, and I'm single. Honestly me helping her move is a great distraction for me.

I put the light brown cardboard box on her kitchen counter after noticing that it's labeled "dishes". I then turn to look at the living room area. It's pretty spacious and the walls are tall. There's also a chandelier that Catherine had installed hanging from the ceiling. "So you just gon stand there and not help?" Jayshawn asks me rudely with an attitude as he walks in the house. He's holding a large box, so he puts it down in front of him and takes a breath before doing anything else.

After snapping outta my daze because of his rude interaction with me, I watch him walk to the refrigerator to grab a water bottle. "After today I don't wanna see you around here. The way you disrespected me and my whole crew was way outta line". I cross my arms and tried to process what he just told me. "I didn't disrespect anyone and you know that. I did what I had to do to protect myself and my future" I say in frustration.

"If anything I helped you get out of your messy situation". I notice that his jaw starts clenching. "Helped me? Nah please explain to me how the fuck you helped me". I roll my eyes and turn back around because I am sick and tired of explaining myself to him. "Exactly. You can't even justify your snitching!" He yells out before Catherine comes back inside. "Can y'all stop screaming at each other over this shit?" she says in an annoyed tone. "Tell him to stop bringing it up" I say before walking out.

Catherine follows behind me. "Can you please stay? I still need your help" she asks me. "Tell him to stop starting with me and I'll finish helping you". She gently grabs my hand and walks with me back into her home. She starts confronting Jayshawn about him being childish over what happened last year. He had an attitude plastered on his face but he still listened to everything she was telling him. In the middle of her speech there's a knock at the front door. "Come in!" Jayshawn tells whoever is on the other side of the door.

A tall, dark skin, semi athletic, black man walks in. He walks to where Jayshawn is and daps him up. "Sup big bro" the man says and then they both hug. Jayshawn introduces us to him. "This my girl, Catherine and her lil friend". Now he's being petty right now for no reason. I walk over to his brother and introduce myself to him the right way. "Nice to meet you, I'm Royalty" I tell him and stick my hand out to him in an attempt to get a handshake. He looks me in my eyes and licks his thick and soft looking lips. "Wassup, I'm Jordan" he says as he grabs my hand and kisses it, all while never breaking eye contact.

I look away and try not to blush, but my cheeks instantly get warm. That warm feeling instantly leaves my body when Jayshawn pulls his brother away from me. "Yeah this isn't happening" he tells us as if he's someone's father. His brother drops his jaw and looks at him with disbelief. "Don't look at me like that" Jayshawn tells him before walking away and out of the house to finish moving everything in. I hear Catherine laugh as she walks out right behind him.

Me and Jordan look at each other before breaking into laughter at what just happened. "Man my brother he trippin forreal" he says after laughing. "You have no idea" I roll my eyes and move my hair from my face. We talk a bit more before helping Catherine and Jayshawn with the rest of their stuff. I purposefully only moved Catherine's stuff in the house for obvious reasons. When I was done and ready to leave I let Catherine know and gave her a hug.

"Alright drive safe and please come back when I throw my lil get together" she tells me with a pout on her face. I let her know that I'll be back for it. On my way to the parking lot I take a nice glance at Jordan as he laughs at some corny ass joke Jayshawn says to him. That boy know he fine.

This took too long to write🙄sorry it's so short tho lmaoRemember to vote and lmk in the comments the other POVS y'all wanna see💙

Remember to vote and lmk in the comments the other POVS y'all wanna see💙