Chapter 47 ~ Did you know?

Start from the beginning

"You seem a little defensive," Tony says.

"It's been a long day," Dad answers, slowly walking to meet Tony.

"At ease, soldier. I'm not currently after you." Tony says to Bucky. He then spots me behind him. "Hey Barry Allen."

Before I can respond Dad speaks up. "Then why are you here?"

"Could be your story's not so crazy. Maybe. Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself."

"Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Dad lowers his shield. "It's good to see you, Tony."

"You too, Cap." He then turns to Bucky. "Hey, Manchurian Candidate, you're killing me. There's a truce here. You can drop..."

Dad signals him to lower his gun, but he hesitates so I elbow him in his side. Bucky lowers his gun and looks at me before looking at the two men in front of us. I walk out from behind Bucky and walk to Tony.

"Hey Shellhead." I smile at him.

He smiles back and ruffles my hair. The four of us then continue walking through the bunker, Tony leading the way with his face mask back on now. Dad follows closely behind leaving Bucky and me in the rear as we look around cautiously. Tony leads us into a chamber with capsules in it.

"I got heat signatures," Tony says as he scans the place.

"How many?" Dad asks.

"Uh... one."

As we enter the chamber the lights flicker on. Yellow mist flows through the capsules. We all look at each other, clearly confused.

"If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep." The fake doctor from before says over some speakers. We all look at the soldiers in the capsules to see they're all dead. A single bullet in the middle of their foreheads. "Did you really think I wanted more of you?"

"What the hell?" Bucky says.

"I'm grateful to them, though. They brought you here." The guy's face appears in a window and Dad throws his shield at it, but it flies back not leaving a crack. Tony, Bucky, and I stand in defense, Bucky holding his gun up while Tony and I hold up a hand, ready to blast shit. "Please, Captain. The Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets."

"I'm betting I could beat that," Tony says.

"I'm betting I could phase through that," I add on to what Tony says.

"Oh, I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark and Little Rogers. Given time."

"Again with this Little Rogers shit," I mutter.

"But then you'd never know why you came."

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Dad asks as he looks at the guy through the window.

"Who is this guy anyway?" I ask Tony specifically, knowing he would know.

"Baron Zemo." He answers as we look at Dad who walks up to the window to face Zemo.

"I thought about nothing else for over a year," Zemo answers Dad's question without the speaker since we're in earshot now. "I studied you. I followed you. But now that you're standing here, I just realized... there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes. How nice to find a flaw."

"Stalker much," I say, earning a snicker from Tony and a small smirk from Bucky.

"You're Sokovian. Is that what this is about?" Dad asks him.