Chapter 2 - That's enough drama for one day

Heey! I have gathered my boredom combined with my guilt and decided to get off my lazy ass and write another chapter.. I hope you enjoy it.. •~•/)

-Ereri-

Levi P.O.V

"Call an ambulance"

Everyone just stood dumbfounded, not moving a muscle until I actually got up onto my feet and walked over to a man texting on his phone. "Can I use your phone please." I told him, not waiting for an answer and snatching it off him.
"Oi what-"
"Thank you" I mumbled, roughly dialling 911. Everyone was silent, and all they could hear was the buzzing of the man's phone as it rang.

"Hello, how may we be of service?" A young ladies voice said on the other end of the phone.
"Hello, could you send an ambulance to Titan Market as soon as possible please, thank you." Before the woman said anything I hung up. I handed the man his phone and he took it. "Thanks" I looked at him with a fake smile.
"Uhh, no problem." I walked away from the crowd and back to the kid's mother, hooking my muscly arms under her back and supporting her wounded head with one hand. I slowly stood up, careful not to loose my balance and turned back to the crowd.

"Can someone help me with the child." I said in a monotone voice. Suddenly a woman with blonde hair pulled up in a bun rushed forward, a small shaved head child in tow.
"I will." She said, letting go of her child's hand and walking over too us. Her child followed, and hid behind her legs, looking up at me nervously. I gave the kid a small smile and he smiled back. A small warmth burned in my chest, and I do believe it was the first real smile in 3 years. No-one has ever looked at me like that and smiled, apart from Eren.. 'Shut up.' I told myself, snapping out of my daze and looking away from the kid.

The blonde woman picked up the brunette and held him on one hip before bending down again to pick up my coat. She slung it over her shoulder and turned back to me.
"Where do we take them?" She asked, blowing a strand of hair out of her eyes.
"We'll start by walking up the road. The ambulance is taking far too long." I told her, and started striding towards the exit and onto the pathway. Just as I did, the git that threw her started waking up. He was groaning and cursing under his breath. "Shut the fuck up" I spat before he could say anything, emphasising the 'fuck' to sound more menacing. With that, i walked out, and the blonde haired woman and her child hurriedly followed.

As we walked down the street in silence, the shaved head kid rushed in front of his mother and towards me. I looked over my shoulder to see him following close behind, matching my footsteps as we walked. I turned my head to face forward and slightly smiled, feeling the warmth come back. Slightly.
"Hey kid , what's your name?" I asked him, not looking back.
"Huh? Oh, It's Connie!"
"Mine's Levi." I said.
"Nice to meet ya' Levi!" He chirped.
"Likewise." I stated, trying to force back a smile. We walked in silence once more, and after a while I heard the wailing of ambulance sirens.

"Finally." I groaned, and I stopped walking, standing on the edge of the pavement. The blonde lady stood next to me with the child still on her hip and waved her spare arm at the ambulance. The driver saw us and nodded, driving past and stopping further up the road. I started jogging up towards it, and I could tell I had done no exercise because I was sweating badly. Luckily I didn't have my shirt on so it wouldn't stain. 'Oh fuck sake' I cursed in my head as I realised my top was wrapped around the woman's bleeding head. Now that will stain.. I shook it off and carried on running. I could hear the blonde behind me panting, and I was relieved I wasn't the only unfit one here.

We finally got to the ambulance and they opened the back door. I jumped into the back and placed the wounded lady on the bed in the ambulance. I flexed my hands and arms, relieving them of the stress I just put on them. As the blonde also got in with the two children, I had a strange feeling that she was staring at my arms. I looked down to realise that it was because they were covered in blood. Ew. To tired to bother, I flopped down in one of the two chairs and let the nurse deal with them both. The blonde woman sat awkwardly down next to me and lifted her child onto her lap.
"Excuse me sir, can you hold this child on your lap for the ride? We only have one bed in here." She addressed me, with the kid in her arms.
"Uh, sure." I shrugged.
"Great!" She smiled and walked over placing the sleeping kid on my lap. I quickly wrapped my bloody arms around him before he fell off. The nurse quickly hooked up the injured woman to an iv and wrapped some bandages around her head before handing me back my blood soaked shirt. I took it from her with my index finger and thumb, and let it fall the the floor next to my chair, making a slight squelching noise. I shuddered and tried to ignore my now new red shirt.

The nurse hopped out of the back and slammed the doors, and ran to the front of the ambulance, where the driver was waiting to go. 'I hope the kid doesn't wake up to see my bloody shirt and arms, or he'll think I hurt his mum and flip out..' I thought nervously as we drove down the road. Suddenly the kid stirred in my arms and slowly blinked, opening his eyes.
"L-Levi?" He slurred tiredly. 'God knows how he knows my name..' I looked down at him and prayed to god that he didn't notice my arms.
"Uh, yes I'm here, don't worry go back to sleep." I awkwardly brushed his hair out of his eyes.
"Oh-kay.." He yawned, and closed his eyes, falling back to sleep.

"Hey," The shaved head kid leaned over the small brunette with a questioning look on his face. "Did he just die?!" He gasped loudly. The blonde went a deep shade of red and pulled her child back onto her lap.
"Connie! Don't say things like that!" She gave him a light tap on the side of the head. "I am so sorry, he is way to curious. Like his father.." She sighed.
"Oh, don't worry. Children are always up to something. I find most of the time that they ask more questions than scientists themselves." I reassured her kindly. She smiled at me, and looked down at the brunette.
"So, I'm guessing you are his father?" She asked. I sighed and said.
"No, no, I don't know him but he seems to know me.." The woman frowned slightly.
"Oh, ok." We then continued to sit in silence.

'That's enough drama for one day' I thought tiredly, resting my head on the wall of the ambulance. I closed my eyes and held the frail child in my arms for the rest of the journey. And at one point, I could have sworn that I saw him smile at me. Maybe.