"A walk"

"But you have been gone for a while, I have been looking for you" he points making her nod.

"Well, I had some lessons"

"But Marissa, has been busy assisting the ministers" he frowns and Crystal stares at the man.

"And what makes you think that I cannot do anything without any help or Marissa around? I know where she is as I have put her in that place and as for my lessons, I am smart enough to go through it without her for a while...

Unless, you think of me as a fool"

"My apologies, Princess. I did not mean to offend you, it's just that we have noticed you are not around the palace at this time of the day" he speaks and Crystal narrows her eyes.

"Are you spying on me?"

"No, no...it's just that..."

"I have already talked with Antonio on this matter and he assured me no one shall disturb me but you dare question about my whereabouts?

How will I train my secret techniques if everyone knew about my business? I know my life has no privacy but..."

"Please Princess, calm down, I did not..."

"Calm down, calm down, how dare you ask me to calm"

"Princess, please, sorry, I won't ever ask it, sorry, please" the man apologizes before he walks away from her and Crystal breathes in relief before a giggle leaves her mouth.

*******

Crystal jumps off the balcony as she lands on the ground silently, she looks around before she slowly walks away, hiding behind the pillars she takes a deep breath and closes her eyes as she opens it and focuses on the talks on going inside the room.

"How can just a mere girl know how to handle the responsibility of the throne? She may have the right to throne by blood but what happens when she mates?

What if it is someone incapable of works around?" someone asks and Crystal crouches down as she listens.

"Then we shall make sure we give him the lessons..."

"We did not ask for your views Marissa, just because the Princess asked you to join us does not mean you are our equal"

"I am not an equal but have enough sense to know what is right and wrong and talking ill about the Princess is a traitorous act in itself" Marissa replies.

"Marissa, you may leave" Antonio's command makes the girl frown before she walks out quietly.

"Giovanni, if we let her do whatever she likes without any consult to us, there will come a day we won't be needed...

She maybe the heir to the throne but that does not mean she can make or break rules. We have some procedures to follow, she has some protocols that needs to be pointed out to her" the men advice as they leave the room and Crystal sighs as she hurries back to her room.

********

The next day Crystal avoids going to her mate's house, spending her day inside of the library, she walks around the line of books pulling out some as she gets down to read some of it. After reading few pages she puts the book away before grabbing another one, but her mind wanders around and she cannot concentrate.

With a groan, Crystal puts the books away before she lies on the couch and stares at the ceiling. Yawning, she closes her eyes and falls asleep on the couch at once.

Crystal jerks wide awake as someone shakes her arm, she gets up and look around to find no one. Getting up from the couch, she walks looking around the shelves before she finds a shadow moving.