"I've always loved you, Parker," I told him, "And this gift means the world to me."

His green eyes shone, seeing me happy. "Yeah, I thought you might like it. I know it's like ten years late, but better late than never, right?"

We laughed, softly. He pulled me in by the waist and kissed me, softly.

"Alex, honey?" my Dad called from downstairs.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Come down for breakfast."

"I'm coming, Dad," I said, placing the snow globe on my night stand.

"You can bring Parker with you."

*

That morning, going to school didn't seem terrible at all. I felt like I didn't even remember a time that Parker and I had gone to school together. The past week had been so hectic and Parker must have missed so much school, but that day, driving to school in Parker's car, things had never been better.

Parker pulled into the parking lot and looked at me. "Ready?" he asked.

I took his hand. "Parker, with you, I'm ready for anything."

He leaned over and kissed my cheek, smiling broadly. "Come on."

We both got out of his jeep and that seemed to be everyone's business. Parker had commanded the respect of all his peers, which meant that no one walked up and asked him questions about why he was suddenly associating me, and why as we walked towards school, Parker had his arm around my waist.

People stopped what they were doing and stared, all the same, like a huge thing had happened and no one gave them the memo.

Parker, however, didn't seem to be in the least bothered by what anyone thought. He just pulled me close and walked me towards my locker.

"Hey, Hanna," I said, as I approached her and Jackson.

Hanna turned around with a glorious smile on her face, ready to shout birthday wishes to me, but when she saw Parker with me, she stopped. She looked up at Parker's face and then at me. She went back and forth a few times before sighing deeply.

"If you hurt her, Wesley, I know where you live," Hanna cautioned, making Parker laugh and look at me.

"I've done enough of that to last lifetimes. Nice to see you, too, Hanna," he replied.

Hanna gave him a dubious looked and then pulled me towards her, smiling. "Happy birthday, my wonderful dork," she screamed in my ear.

"Thanks, Han," I said, laughing.

"Please tell me we can hang out today," she pleaded.

"Not today, Han, but tomorrow is all for you, okay?" I promised.

"It's a date," she said, closing her locker. "Okay, I have to go do the announcements, so I'll catch you in homeroom, okay?"

I nodded.

"You watch yourself, Parker," she warned, walking off.

Parker chuckled at turned to me. "She hates me, doesn't she?"

"I used to hate you, too," I reminded him.

He brought his hand to his heart. "I deserved it," he confessed.

He waited till I opened my locker and got the books I needed. When I was done, he walked with me towards our class.

"Hey, Parker?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"You have two tattoos, right?"

He nodded.

"I know the one on your side says "Tomorrow never comes". I remember you telling me that it's your favourite phrase. What's the other one?" I asked.

He pulled me into a quiet, silent corner, making sure no one was watching and unbuttoned the top few buttons of his shirt, revealing his left pectoral.

Over his heart, there was one small line tattooed.

"Je t'aime."

*Hello, you wonderful readers.*

*Thank you for sticking with the story. Our adventures are over today, but Alex and Parker have a lifetime of love ahead of them.*

*I'll see you very soon.*

*Hopefully, a new story is on the horizon.*