14 | spacewalker's sins

Start from the beginning

But in the heat of the moment, Raven punched Byrne in the face as well.

They gasped.

Bellamy, Clarke, and Finn watched helplessly as some other guards grabbed Raven from behind and took her away.

"Let me go!"

»»————- ★ ————-««

Bellamy walked with Clarke towards where Finn and Murphy sat.

He couldn't help but get a sense of deja vu. The night sky and the anxious anticipation of war was so familiar, and yet everything was so different.

"Hey." He greeted the two, "We're reinforcing all defenses. Doubles on the perimeter. No one's getting past that wire."

Finn stood, "I'll see where they're thin."

"No. You should head inside. B corridor will be easier to defend if it comes to that."

"I'm not gonna hide." Finn shook his head.

Clarke combated him, "Right now, we have to think about keeping you safe. I'm gonna talk to Lincoln."

Bellamy gestured to follow him inside, "Come on, Finn."

The two walked in silence to the B corridor.

"I don't want to hide," Finn said quietly.

Bellamy sighed, "Right now, we need to keep you safe. That's our priority."

"Why? So that innocent people can die first before they find me? Then, they find me, and I die anyway."

"We're trying to make sure it doesn't come to that," Bellamy answered after a pause.

When Finn said it like that, it really didn't seem sensible to hide him. But Bellamy didn't want to dwell on that. They were not just going to send Finn to die.

"I massacred a village," Finn said.

"And I'm responsible for the culling on the Ark," Bellamy told him remorsefully, "We've all done things that we're not proud of. Things that will haunt us. But it doesn't make you a monster. And it doesn't mean you deserve to die."

Finn sighed deeply, a very small weight lifting, for now.

»»————- ★ ————-««

"Jus drein jus daun! Jus drein jus daun!"

Two of the Commander's army men sat on horses at their gate. They looked intimidating with their masks and weapons.

Bellamy stood with the guards in formation, gun at the ready. He shouted back to Clarke and Abby who watched the scene nervously, "They're trying to scare us."

Abby turned to her daughter, "I think we should pull back and go inside the station."

"No." Clarke shot down, "We need to prove we're not afraid."

"What if I am?"

"Fake it."

Bellamy smiled lightly. As much as he wanted to take control when they first landed on the ground, Clarke was a great leader, and everyone saw that and followed her.

He was just glad it's less of a power struggle and more of a duo.

It should be a trio.

Abby walked quickly towards the camp entrance with Bellamy and Clarke on her heels, "Open the gate."

The Grounder on the left spoke, muffled through his mask, "Where's the boy?"

"We're not giving him up. We're ready to fight if that's what it comes to." Abby told them sternly.