Ch. 3

Chihiro passed out cold.

She opened her eyes in a small warm room, and looked beside her to see Ami. "But.. she turned into a pig.." She thought to herself.
  She sat up, and rubbed her eyes, infront of her day an old man with 6 arms, she jumped. She knew him from somewhere..

"Chihiro, you're awake child.." The man said calmly,
"Who are you.!? What happened to my friends?! How do you know my name?!" She splurted out, each word messily. The man got a confused look on his face, a confused yet melancholy expression? Like he lost something?

"Those humans polluted you child.."

"What?.. I don't know you guy.!"

"Kamajī! That's my name! I'm the boiler man, I mix the water.. you know me Chihiro." He said, beginning to become frustrated.

"Just let me and my friend leave!.." Chihiro teared up, and grabbed Ami softly.
  "You cannot leave... Yubaba cursed this bathhouse when we made her leave." He said, scratching his head and ringing a small bell. "I'll make Lin explain it to you.".

A tall, young woman climbed through a small door a couple of minutes later. "Cin!!" She screamed in joy, grabbing the girl and hugging her. "Get off of my lady! I don't know who you are..!" Chihiro replied, pushing at Lin.   "The child seems to have lost her memory." Kamajī said, continuing to work. Lin frowned slightly, and sat down. "So you don't remember me? Or Kamajī? Or what happened here 6 years ago?" The woman said, setting her hands on her lap. Chihiro shook her head, and began to shake her friend.  "Where's Haku?" Lin asked, the old man shrugged, "He dropped them off and left in s hurry."
   "I remember the name Haku.." Chihiro said, "I knew a boy named Haku when I was 10.". Lin smiled, "There we go!".

Chihiro continued to shake Ami, her eyes soon opening. "Ami! You're alive!!"

"Why wouldn't I be alive?!"

"Ami!!"

"Chihiro!!"

The girls hugged eachother tightly, "Where are we? What happened! Whose.. those weirdos.." Ami asked.
  "They say.. they knew me.. and that I've forgotten something." Chihiro replied, staying close to her friend. Ami nodded slightly, "Can we leave?".
  Lin quietly stood up, "Not right now." she frowned.
"Tell then why." Kamajī said, chewing on a piece of noodle.

Lin sighed deeply, "Let me explain.."
She pointed at Chihiro, "6 years ago, you and your family came to the spirit realm while moving into your new house. They ate the food of the spirits, and were transformed into pigs." Chihiro gasped, "L-like me friends?"

"What? No! Anyways... you, ran around scared, and bumped into Haku, who told you to leave, when you tried you couldn't. He found you again and told you needed to get a job, and that's how you met Kamajī and me." Kamajī gave a thumbs up, and grinned.
     "You got a job here.. and Haku soon got hurt, and you went on a trip to save him.. yada yada yada.. And Yubaba, the owner of the bathhouse let you leave. We soon drive Yubaba out, and her sister Zeniba took over."

"You haven't explained why we can't leave yet.." Ami said quietly, looking down at the floor slightly, noticing a weird black ball.

"Well.. when Yubaba left, she cursed the bathhouse, and spirit world. The humans who set foot in here past sundown, will be turned to animals if they don't have jobs. Just like she intended it to be. But.." Lin paused, "But..?" Chihiro asked.
   "But as soon as you stepped foot in here.. you were cursed. You and your friend cannot leave.. until you work here for an entire year. In that year, you have to remember your name.. which is the hardest part..     I need you both to go gather up as many of you who came now.. you have to get back here in under an hour! Got that?"

Chihiro was quiet, but her and Ami nodded anyways and stood up and ran out.
  "What total nutjobs." Ami said, holding onto Chihiro's hand. "I believe them... I.. I think they're telling the truth about me being here before. I recognize everything!" She said worriedly.
   "Well.. we'll find out soon.."

{ A/N Hello everyone! It's me, Berry. I hope you're enjoying this book, It took off quite fast, but that's because every idea I had was for the spirit world. Have a nice day! }