iv.

The third year, simply put, was an ass. And Ren was a somewhat violent person, at least when it came to words. Naturally, that didn't work well, but usually, it was easy for Ren to ignore him. When he had decided it was a fun idea to torment Akaashi, though, she decided she had had enough.

She had first noticed the scribbling and writing on his notebook, but Akaashi had played it off as absent-minded doodling. Next was the lack of gym clothes at one practice, which was easily covered up by him as forgetfulness. It wasn't, though. She had seen him stuff his gym clothes into his bag in the morning while she was looking for her math textbook. As his cousin, Akaashi's mother usually insisted that she stayed over for the night at least once every 2 weeks.

She brushed it off, though. If something was going on, Akaashi would tell her. At least, that was what she had assumed. Turns out, she was wrong. And things had escalated from there. He had insisted he was fine. This desk was scratched up and vandalized, his shoes had been found on the garbage, they had placed a fucking dead squirrel in his locker.

Yet, he still insisted he was fine. She doubted he was.

The last straw, though, was when the asshole had tossed a punch. Naturally, she had felt obligated to throw one back.

Perhaps not the best idea, with all his brainless lackeys there with him, but there was a difference between them. They fought fair, punches and attempts at clean hits.

For her, though, it was nothing short of street rules.

Her knuckles were scraped and bleeding. Maybe she had scraped them against the  pavement at one point. It didn't matter. She would make them hurt worse, far worse than a scrape.

At least, that was what she had wanted to do. The worst injury there was probably a bloody nose. Her's, actually. Ren had barely laid a hand on the others. Maybe they would be a bit bruised tomorrow.

Either way, the principal didn't seem happy.