ELEVEN: QUESTIONS

Music plays loudly in Ethan's bedroom, blocking out the sounds of Grayson next door with some girl that he did not want to hear. However, it also blocked out the sound of Aphrodite entering his room. When she turns the music off, it startles him.

"Aph," he mumbles with a smile, turning and getting up from his desk. "Didn't know your were coming over."

"Sorry, I forgot to text," she laughs, motioning to his speaker, "Grayson's girl was leaving when I got here so that doesn't need to be so loud--I feel like I've barely seen you these last couple days."

"M'sorry. Been busy," Ethan frowns, thinking to the several page essay he's been working on for English. "All done now though."

"It's okay, I had work and stuff so I was kinda busy too." Aphrodite pulls him in for a quick kiss before stealing his desk chair. She opens up his browser to find a clean internet history. "Lame. I was curious." Ethan plays with his own fingers, sitting up against his headboard on his bed. After last time, he's been more diligent with using a private browser. "Hiding anything interesting?" She teases.

"Mm-mm," he shakes his head innocently, patting the spot next to him. "Come sit, Aph."

Aphrodite smiles, moving to sit with him, but not where he thought she would. Instead, she straddles his lap, her breath fanning over his lips. "You look good today, E."

"T-thanks, Aph... you do too."

"Work was shit. Hades has been an asshole. I missed you. Have you been good?"

"Stressed--but okay. I'm sorry you haven't. Missed you too. Do you... do you wanna talk about it?"

"No. I just wanna kiss you for a little while."

His lips are soft against hers, gentle and slow-going at first as usual. His mouth tastes like the candy he had been eating before she arrived--a small but welcomed tinge of sour hitting her tongue as she leans further into him.

It doesn't take long for things to heat up, Ethan's hands trailing from Aphrodite's hips to her ass and one of hers pressed against his bare chest. The other tugs lightly on his hair, deepening the kiss more as she nips at his bottom lip.

"Feel better already," she mumbles, leaving soft kisses on his jaw. Ethan hums appreciatively, his hold on her tightening just the slightest when she sucks on the skin. She pulls back for a moment, tilting her head and examining him. He looks just slightly lost in thought. "Everything good, baby?"

"Mhm," he gives a slow nod, bringing himself back to the moment. "Sorry. Just... thinking."

"About what?"

"No, it's--it was nothing, Aph."

"I don't wanna push, but you can tell me anything, y'know. You're a little obvious when something's on your mind."

"I just--it's not important," Ethan reassures, leaning in for another kiss that she dodges. "Really! We said we'd... take things slow, i-it doesn't matter right now."

Aphrodite raises an eyebrow, now more curious than before. Ethan was bad at hiding things from her, and if it had to do with them specifically, she definitely wanted to know.

Ethan was embarrassed for her even having to say something, desperately trying to distract her with another kiss which she dodges again. If there was one thing he couldn't do, it would be get out of confrontation with Aphrodite. He just wished he hadn't been so obvious with his overthinking.

"We agreed to take things slow, but it's not set in stone that we can't do anything, baby," she tells him, swiping her thumb across his bottom lip. "The worst I'll ever do is say not today. Lemme hear what you want."