Chapter Twelve

"I'm not going to ask you again, let me help you." Micah frowned at me and I could tell he was getting angry by the tone of his voice.

My eye was starting to twitch because I hated repeating myself but that was all he was making me do. "This shit doesn't involve you. I'm trying to keep you out of trouble."

"He was my fucking brother to!" He screamed making me flinch as I looked at the tears that fled his eyes.

"He was my fucking brother too." He whispered as I got up hugging him closing my eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"Look." He pushed me off of him gently. " I saw your list. I talked to Kassh." Backing up from him I shook my head going in my desk seeing my papers were missing.

"Give me my papers back!" Reaching in his pocket he handed me my stuff and I sighed shaking my head pushing my homework away not even feeling like doing math anymore.

"How did it go?"

"She was with her brother Jordan. She thought I was trying to call her a snitch, she didn't like that. Her brother of course, talked big shit but in the end they realized I was just a confused brother tryna' figure some shit out. She wouldn't say anything else to me, but she gave me her number and told me to have you call her." Handing me a little paper with the number on it, I nodded.

"Thank you." As much as I didn't want to admit he helped, I was still scared to figure this information out. It's been two days since I found out that there was only four people I could suspect now.

I was scared as hell, I had a feeling something was wrong but I was trying to ignore it.

"Let me stay." Nodding my head there was no reason to not let him hear the conversation now he was already apart of it.

Before I could even call her number, Dominic called and before he could even talk I told him to hang up and call Micah's phone.

It was a surprise to me that they talked from time to time but I was at peace knowing he was forming a bond with the only brother I had left physically.

"Sh. Go on mute." Micah told Domi]6nic as I called Kassh having her face my bed that I was sitting on, where as Micah was sitting behind the phone at my desk.

"Hellah?" Her strong Huston accent came through the phone, and I loved it making me smile. Kassh was a transfer student junior year, and everyone immediately loved the Texas transfer. Especially the girls who she would turn out.

"Hi Kassh." I waved awkwardly.

"Wass' good shawty? I'm not home right now so I can't talk for long." She propped her phone on the dashboard adjusting her chain.

" She propped her phone on the dashboard adjusting her chain

"That's okay. I heard my brother talked to you, and you asked to speak to me."

"Yea fa' sure. I understand you looking out for your brother but if I'm keeping it a buck with you shawty the streets thinking you going to rat." She shrugged. "And I ain't talking to no rat, no matter how much I respected your brother from a distance."

"It's not even about ratting anyone to the police to me, I just want to know who did the shit honestly. I'll be able to sleep at night knowing I could figure it out."

"I got some niggas who can handle that if you do know. But on some real shit this might have not been the right move for you to do this on your own. I can't imagine-"

"Not to be rude but I don't want a speech. I've got that enough from a couple of people. I get it no one wants me to do it, but I am." Laughing she rolled her tongue against her lip.

"I respect it ma. When it comes to me and Jordan believe us or not but we barely ever talked to your brother." She spoke telling me what I already knew.

"We didn't have beef so there's no reason for us to have anything to do with wanting him dead. What I can tell you though is I heard the person who did it had on white fazos."

How could I forget? I shook my head. I had put remembering the white Air Force 1's outside the window when I looked.

But everyone had a pair, it was going to be too hard to remember who wore them that night.

"I know it's not much but that's all I know." She came to a stop letting someone in the car. A brownskin female reached over trying to give her a kiss.

"Chill." The brown skin female scoffed looking at the phone. "You fucking with this bitch?"

"Yea I think it's time for me to go. Thank you for everything." I smiled at Kassh as she extended the smile hanging up.

"You gotta' find the person who was wearing those sneakers," Micah sighed bending down spreading his legs in the chair brushing over his waves with his left hand, holding the phone with the right.

"I know

"I know." I have a feeling who it is.
"There's only two more people on my list." I whispered bending my head down. I hated that I had to think it was even them, and it disgusted me feeling like I knew who it was.
"Aiyden or Rassad."

"I bet I know who it is to." I bit my lip. "I gotta get into his house." I laid back on my bed letting a deep breath out.

"Then what, you ever ask yourself what you going to do when you figure it out?" Dominic took himself off mute.

"I don't know." I honestly answered. I've been just doing and not thinking about the end result this can lead to. If I actually find my brother's killer, was it okay for me to go to the police. I knew he wouldn't have wanted me to be looking, and then be labeled as the hood's snitch.

It would be bad for everyone in my family, we would have to move. It was sad that I couldn't do things properly and would have to overthink about this whole situation. But then again this whole situation wasn't proper. I was suppose to let the police handle this but I couldn't.

This was all up to me now.