CHAPTER I: WELCOME TO AURADON

Auradon was flooded with new arrivals from the Isle of the Lost. At long last, the barrier had come down, and King Ben had announced that any who would like to travel to Auradon could do so freely. With his new queen, Mal, by his side, the kingdom was rapidly changing. Villian's Kids were flocking to Auradon prep, hurriedly enrolling and trying to make friends with the children of the 'good.' Of course, the usual antics of jokes and trickery were about, but for the most part, it seemed as though the children from the Isle were too astounded by the sunshine, fresh food, and greenery to get too rambunctious.

The VK's had worked together with Uma and her crew, finally becoming allies rather than enemies. Queen Mal had reunited with her father, Hades, who even helped to save the daughter of Sleeping Beauty, after her short-winded reign as the "Queen of Mean." The kingdom had its King, its queen, and new allies, but would that be the end of the fighting between the "good" and the "bad"?

~ ~ ~

"Did you see how many of them have arrived?" Melody chirped with excitement. "Some of the guys are so handsome!" The daughter of Ariel certainly took after her mother when it came to her uncontrollable curiosity.

Rowan Pan scoffed, pulling the curtains back to watch the courtyard bustling about with Auradon Prep students and Isle children alike. "I don't know about handsome, but I'm definitely excited to see what kind of tricks these people have up their sleeves." As the daughter of Peter Pan, Rowan was always excited to learn a new prank or trickery. Amongst a kingdom of "good", she was always the one getting into the most trouble.

"Didn't you learn your lesson last time, Ro? You got detention for three weeks when you turned Audrey's hair green!" said Rowan's roommate.

"Oh, come on, Melody. Did you already forget the whole 'I will destroy Auradon if I'm not made the queen' disaster that she just pulled only a week ago? I think that prank is very justified now. Also, I only got it for two weeks, because after what Audrey just pulled, I bet the board will agree and cancel my last week. They didn't make me go through this readjustment period," the brunette confidently stated, her emerald eyes glinting with mischief.

"Yeah, you better hope they don't change their mind, missy," Melody chuckled, "This is our last year at Auradon Prep, and it's almost over! Don't go messing it up anymore, please."

Rowan laughed to herself, "I can't make any promises, doll!" She kissed her roommates head in a joking manner and threw her long wavy locks into a messy bun. Rowan checked herself out in Melody's vanity mirror, watching as the light picked up copper tones in her dark hair. Her father and mother has always joked that she was a perfect mix of them both. She had Wendy's long, brown hair, with hints of red like her father's. She had her mother's fair skin, dotted with Peter's freckles across the bridge of her nose and cheeks. The only thing she was blessed with solely from her father was her bright green eyes with flecks of gold.

Rowan slung her satchel over her shoulder, sliding into a pair of old black high-top converse. "I'm going to head to Evie's, Mel. I told her I'd let her design a dress for cotillion for me this year, and the girl wants to start three months early," Rowan rolled her eyes as she said so.

"Well, keep an eye out for any handsome Isle kids for me! I'm tired of the prince-wanna-be's that hang around here!"

"You and I, both," Rowan laughed before closing the door to their dorm room.

~ ~ ~

"What do you mean I have to finish the school year at Auradon Prep?" Harry Hook exclaimed, his Scottish accent thick with anger.

"Well, King Ben said that because there's really no schooling on the Isle, all of the transfers have to complete this school year with advanced classes. It's only three months, and we don't have to start from scratch, so it's really not a bad deal," his friend Uma sad matter-of-factly, throwing her turquoise braids over her shoulder.

"Remind me again why I helped save that guy," Harry mumbled.

"Hey! We are allies with the VK's now, and Auradon. This is what we always wanted. The right to choose where we live, and how we live our lives. If that means going to a school"—Uma cringed slightly at the word—"then so be it! It's only three months, and think of all the freedom we'll have after that."

"The VK's still have to finish their own year at school, and they're all the same age as us," their pal, Gil chimed in.

Uma nodded in agreement, "Exactly, it's not like we're the only ones. And besides, they've had to do this for almost two years, whereas we only have to bear it for a few months. If anything, we got the better deal, here. I'm sure if the two of you need help that desperately, Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos will help you out."

Harry scowled, twirling his hook in the grass. "I still think that it's bullshit," he yelled, launching the hook across the courtyard. It landed squarely at the feet of an unsuspecting brunette, carelessly not paying attention to her surroundings. A small shriek escaped her lips, as she picked up the hook and looked around for the culprit.

"Now what did you have to do that for?" Uma demanded, clearly upset with his actions.

Harry smirked, ignoring the blue-haired girl, and twinkled his fingers in the air, drawing the brunette's attention. "So sorry, love! It must have slipped."

The mystery girl, who looked frail only a moment ago, hardened her features, clenching her jaw. She stuck a single finger in the air, with a not-so-friendly gesture. Harry was taken aback slightly as the small Auradon girl in a pair of dirty black Converse flipped him off, tucked his beloved hook into her bag, and kept walking. "Welcome to Auradon," she shouted, with a dismissive wave of her hand.

"Hey!" he called after her, climbing to his feet. Uma and Gil both reached out quickly, grabbing his wrists.

"Do NOT make a scene," Uma warned. "We just got here, don't give them a reason to throw us out already."

"But she took my HOOK!" he exclaimed.

"And you threw it at her," Gil shrugged.

Harry was fuming where he stood. He did not want to risk losing their new place at Auradon, but as local from the Isle through and through, he struggled to maintain his composure in the face of such disrespect. Back home, this would have warranted a fight. But here, he was at a loss for how to handle the situation.

I'll find her, he thought to himself. She won't get away with that.