Jialia's POV

Class has ended. Yuyan and I go our separate ways for lunch. She has to go her mother get her medicine at the hospital.

"Peek-a-boo!" Lufeng scares me from behind.

"Hey! Don't do that. It's not cool." I say in irritation.

"Sorry. I wanted to surprise you in a way to get your attention." Lufeng says looking down as if he made a huge mistake. Which kinda makes me feel bad.

I sigh. "Next time. Don't do it. I don't like it."

Lufeng smiles. "It's your lunch time, right?"

I nod my head. "Why?"

"Let's go have lunch together." Lufeng says then pulls my hand which forces me to run along with him.

•••

Lufeng and I are at a booth waiting for our lunch to be served. I can't believe that we ran 20 minutes to get to this place. To be honest, I'm not an athletic person. I don't plan to be one either. That was the longest I've ever ran in my whole life.

"Here's your meals." The server smiles as she places down my meal first then Lufeng's.

I ordered a simple beef with broccoli with rice and orange chicken since they are the food I've been craving for a long time.

"Thank you for taking me out to eat." I smile then dig in.

"You're welcome!" Lufeng smiles back. "Tell me about yourself, Jialia. I want to know since we are friends."

I raise my eyebrows. "Well.... what do you want to know about me?"

"Anything! Anything is fine." Lufeng says.

I think about what to tell Lufeng. Describing myself to him.... it might take me a while.

"Well.... I'm an only child. I used to live with my parents. I own a small cafe with my best friend, Yuyan." I say then hesitate to say anything about Jian. "I'm known as the single mom at school."

"Huh?! Single mom?" Lufeng says in shock.

I don't expect him to know that I have that name at school. Or know that I'm a single mom. I'm not ashamed at all. I'm actually glad to be a mom. Not 'single' anymore. I gotta keep that on the low.

I nod my head.

"You have a child? How old?" Lufeng asks.

"He's 4 years old." I say.

"Where's the father? Do you know who the father is?" Lufeng shoots the questions which kinda startle me.

What am I suppose to say? What can I say to Lufeng? Xiaojun and I don't want others to know that we have a child together and is hiding it on the low.

"Uhhh...." I hesitate. "Can we not talk about him? Talking about him makes me uncomfortable."

Lufeng nods his head in agreement. "It means that you're single... right?"