Dave unlocks the door and flicks on the light, revealing the apartment which like Dave's car is surprisingly clean. Besides the papers and a few dishes in the sink, the apartment is pretty orderly. 

"Welcome to my humble abode," Dave tells Evie as she steps in, looking around.

"It's nice," she comments and Dave chuckles at this statement.

"You sound surprised," he muses, hanging on to her inevitable reply.

"I guess I have an weird expectation for guys to be super messy," she admits, shrugging her shoulders.

"Well I mean, that's a fair assumption. You've come over at a good time to be honest, it rarely looks like this," Dave says, walking into the kitchen and throwing his keys and wallet down onto the table.

"What? Did you clean up just incase I'd come back here tonight?" Evie jokes.

"No," Dave laughs. "Maybe," he adds, rolling his eyes which makes her smile. 

"Water?" He offers.

"Yes please," she nods, moving to lean against the opposite side of the kitchen counter to where he stands. He holds the glass out and she takes it appreciatively, taking a few sips. 

"C'mon, I'll show you my room," Dave says, placing his empty glass down onto the counter. 

Evie isn't really sure where this is leading because usually that sentence is followed by well, sex. It doesn't seem like that's where this is leading but. She places her glass of water which isn't quite finished down onto the counter hesitantly and follows him through the house. 

"It's nothing much, I just moved in this month so I'm still getting it together," Dave apologises as they enter his room. It's just a bed, a dresser, a mirror and a couple of guitars and what Evie guesses is drum gear packed away in cases, but what else does one need. 

"It's fine Dave," Evie sighs, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder blade.

Dave turns around to face her and she drops her hand, letting it fall by her side. He tucks a piece of her hair behind her ear and she leans into his touch. 

"You're beautiful," he murmurs. 

"Stop doing that," Evie sighs, hiding her face in her hands. 

"Doing what," he laughs, taking a step back to sit on the edge of his bed as she removes her hands from her face.

"Complimenting me. You're making me blush," she tells him, knowing her cheeks are burning crimson. She blushes way too easily. 

"Okay, I won't say anymore nice things about you," Dave teases. 

"Thank you," Evie appreciatively nods. 

Dave moves to lay down on his bed, still on top of the sheets and he pats the space beside him, inviting Evie to join him. They stare up at the ceiling together.

"What's your family like?" Dave asks, turning to face Evie. 

"Well it's dad, my sister Mia and I at home. My brother Oliver lives in Seattle," she explains. 

"Are you the youngest?" Dave asks and Evie turns her head to the side, facing him.

"No, the middle child. Ollie's 22, I'm 19 and Mia's 17," she explains and Dave nods.

"So it's just you three and your dad?" Dave asks softly, clearly not wanting to overstep any boundaries.

"Uh yeah. My mom passed away when I was twelve," Evie says trying not to change the light tone in her voice. She doesn't like talking about it, not because it makes her sad, but because she worries that it makes other people uncomfortable.

"Sorry," Dave replies simply which makes her feel better. She hates when people get overly sympathetic or ask too may questions about it. 

"It's alright. Dad does a good job of filling both roles," she explains. 

"Yeah?" Dave smiles.

"Yeah. I think you might have met him actually," Evie laughs awkwardly and Dave wears a look of surprise on his face.

"Really? How?" Dave questions.

"Well he works for DGC, Kurt recognised him in the shop. His name's John Kelly," Evie says.

"No fucking way. I do know John," Dave laughs.

"It's a small world," Evie muses, staring back to the ceiling. 

"What about your family?" She asks, turning back to face Dave.

"Well it's me, my older sister Lisa and my mom. Dad was never really in the picture because my parents got a divorce when I was seven and we lived with mom. But it was good, I'm really close with my mom," he explains.

"What's she like?" Evie asks which makes Dave smile.

"Well, her name's Virginia, she's a teacher and she supported my dreams by letting me drop out of school at 17 so I could tour and play music, so she's pretty fucking cool," he laughs.

"That's amazing. She sounds great," Evie smiles. 

"She is."

They lay in silence for a moment and Evie reaches out unconsciously and runs her fingers through Dave's hair. He takes in a deep breath and blinks slowly, welcoming her gentle touch. 

"You've got pretty hair Dave," she tells him and he cracks a smile.

"So you're allowed to compliment me but I can't call you beautiful?" He protests.

"Yep. That's how this is gonna work Grohl," she nods, still playing with his hair. 

"That seems unfair to me," he furrows his eyebrows, still wearing his playful smile.

"I guess we just have to agree to disagree," Evie tells him, mimicking his words from the car ride earlier. 

"Touché," he smiles, shifting to prop his head against his arm, looking down to her laying on the mattress. 

"So what would you do if I kissed you right now. Does that count as a compliment," Dave asks, making Evie's heart skip a beat. 

"Hm I think I can allow that," she tells him.

Dave leans down toward her, resting his hand around the back of her neck, sliding his fingers through her hair and pulling her closer. She closes her eyes and allows it to happen slowly, but surely. Dave presses his lips softly onto Evie's before pulling away for a moment. Evie connects their lips again, this time more passionately. They move together in sync, giving and taking the perfect amount and by the time they finally part, neither can open their eyes for a second. 

Evie slowly opens her eyes, trying to conceal the smile that is daring to spread across her face and Dave seems to do the same. 

"Well you're a great kisser, am I allowed to say that?" Dave says lowly, breaking the silence.

"You're allowed to say whatever you want, Grohl," Evie replies before pulling him in again.