Dearest Mother

After I had an episode with the curse, I went to Alfheim. The curse did not seem to affect the baby, which made me a little worried. What mattered to me more was my seeing my mother. Loki was barely able to hold my hand as I raced towards my mother's chambers. She looked like she was in death's grasp. My mother's hair was almost gone, and her skin was gray instead of her glowing white skin. I felt the burning tears stream down my face.

"Mother," I ran to her side, grabbing her cold, boney hand. "I am here, mother."

She placed a weak smile on her face.

"My Embla," she said in a rough voice. "I was waiting for you to come."

"I am her now and I'm going to take care of you." She blinked at me slowly with her weak grin still showing.

"You have been my blessing Embla. Don't let me worry you especially with your baby coming." I looked at her stunned.

"How did you-"

"Embla, how long have you known me? Even in my current state, I still have my vision that witnessed the Battle of Nalotith from 100 miles away."

I giggled weakly remembering whe she first told me that story.

"It has not been born yet, so until then, I am taking care of you so you will see him or her grow." I showed her forced smile...

I left the room to let my mother rest. Loki was waiting for me by the door.

"How is she Embla?"

I sighed and frowned with tears streaming down.

"She's...dying," he embraced me as I cried in his chest. "She told me that the Healers think it's poison but it is not from any of the realms."

"Darling, let me take you somewhere else." I wiped my tears away.

"Yes, I must calm down unless I want my curse to occur again. I'm not sure how it is affecting the baby."

Loki replied, "I am sure it is fine. She is strong like her mother."

I smirked a little.

"How do you know if the baby is a girl? I believe it is going to be a boy." He chuckled as did I until I frowned at a thought.

"What if she does not live long enough for our child?"

"Embla, don't you dare think like that!" He yelled at he gripped my shoulders firmly. The look in his eyes frightened me. Loki must have saw the fear in my eyes because he loosened his grip and seemed less tense.

"I am sorry, it's just...what I wouldn't give to have another moment with my mother." I could see that he was hurting.

"My deepest apologies Loki. I am just very overwhelmed and I see that you are too." I took his hand and gently kissed it. He sighed deeply.

"Let's go to sleep, Embla. It has been a very long day." I nodded in agreement as we headed off to bed.