The Curse

"PLEASE HAVE MERCY!!!" A woman begged. I placed my hand in front of her and she turned into ash. I felt nothing, I cared for nothing...

I awoke from my nightmare with tears and sadness overwhelming me. I recognized the place of my nightmare as the village my cursed monster destroyed. I could feel the woman's pain that I caused her. My eyes were burning from tears. I am the cause of pain, loss, and hatred. My father was right about me, I am poison because of my silly thoughts ideas. If it were not for my careless behavior of going to that village, maybe those people would still be alive. My heart sank with guilt of what a darker me has done. It was me, those people last saw. There was a knock on the door, which made me jump out of bed. "One moment please," I yelled as I scrambled t owrap on my robe, and wip[ed my tears away. The door opened to reveal my mother coming from the other side of it. 

"Mother, what a surprise," I squeaked. 

"Your father and I have come for the peace discussion." She said firmly. I could feel my temper begin to rise. 

"You and father do not trust me?" Her eyes grew wide by my statement then her face stiffened. 

"You dare say such a thing? To question your own flesh and blood." I was infuriated by my mother to tell me these words, but it was not my place to yell back at my mother, my queen. 

"No mother. Forgive me for speaking out of place." She sighed. 

"You are forgiven Embla. Come now and dress for I do believe this is going to be a long day." .....

For several hours, people were arguing nonstop. I remained silent the whole time as a headache grew. There wa yelling and throwing, so I had just about,

"ENOUGH!!!" I screamed with all my might. The room silenced and everyone looked at me. "It is not the Light Elves fault for attacking. It is mine. I am the monster that destroyed that villlage, therefore, I am deeply sorry. I am willing to turn myself over, and remain the rest of my life in a cell." 

I did not wish to be in a cell, but it was the best choice for everyone. I could not hurt anyone in there. "No. That is not an option." Loki growled. "It is the only option Loki. I must pay for what I have done and no one goes to war." I snapped back. 

"Embla," my mother spoke. "It is not your fault, but what is inside you." My father walked up to my mother with his temper flaring.

"What are you talking about Runa?" She sighed.

"Freyr, the curse is real." 

He glared at me like a poisonious insect. "What curse are you talking about may I ask?" Odin asked calmly.

"Many years ago, my grandfather battled the Dark Elves of Svartalheim. One of the prisoners was a conjuror of dark magic and placed a curse on my family. The first daughter was to destroy life instead of giving it. I did not believe in the curse until now."

My father gave me a look filled with such hatred that I have never seen before. I looked away from him. "Maybe there is a way to undo the curse." Loki suddenly stated. My eyes grew wide, and I could see that he was nervous. His jaw tightened, his body tensed up, and his eyes were darting to everyone. 

"We have tried everything we could wheh she was an infant. We were only able to keep it under control until that incident." My mother explained. "Then it is settled," Odin announced. "Embla will stay here until she learns to control her unfortunate fate and Asgard and Alfheim will not go to war." 

I went numb as Odin's voice echoed 'will stay here until...' in my head. What if I could never control it? I could stay here forever! Odin stormed out with Thor and Loki arguing with him along the way. "Mother," I cracked as she embraced me. 

"Look at me, you are going to be alright. Stay strong and out of trouble." My father came up to me with a stern look on his face.

"You will obey Odin and his every command, understand?"

"I do." They left me there in Asgard so I could gain control of my curse. Perhaps gain control of a normal life.