A Small Chance

Today was not Oda's morning. It was not his morning at all because trying to catch a flying baby was definitely not on the list.

Chuuya giggles and cooed as he flips upside down and holds onto his feet

Chuuya giggles and cooed as he flips upside down and holds onto his feet. Oda was following his every moment as he was afraid it would just eventually stop, and like clockwork it did. Chuuya fell and Oda quickly caught him, and Chuuya giggled and clapped. Oda sighed in relief. "That is so not funny, little one."

Chuuya chews on his fingers as he looks at Oda innocently. "You're going to be the death of me."

Chuuya giggles and Oda puts him down on the floor

Chuuya giggles and Oda puts him down on the floor. Chuuya crawled over to his toys and he started to play as Oda was looking through paperwork. Oda sighed, he didn't know if he would be cut out for this job. And what if it put Chuuya in danger? Being a detective was a risky job, and with a baby he couldn't take risks. Not ever again would he put the ones he loved so much in the line of fire.

*

Oda was shaking his leg up and down as he held Chuuya. Oda was nervous, he didn't know if he was fit for this job. Chuuya cooed and Oda gently patted his back as he waited patiently.

"Hello." A man with long white hair and dressed in a kimono said to him.

"Hello." Oda said standing up. "I'm Oda Sakunosuke. I'm here for an interview with Fukuzawa Yukichi."

"You're looking at him." He smiled. "Follow me into my office."

Oda followed behind him and he stepped into the man's office and he closed the door behind himself. Oda took a seat per Fukuzawa's request to.

"So Oda I was looking over your references and I must say I am impressed."

Chuuya screamed happily as Oda was gently playing with his little hand, "I'm sorry."

"No, don't apologize. He's a cute little guy." Fukuzawa smiles, "How old is he?"

"7 months."

Fukuzawa nodded as he grabbed Chuuya's little hand and Chuuya smiled at him. "I'll give you the job."

Oda's eyes widened. "What? Really?!"

"Really." He smiles, "You have that beautiful little boy right there to take care of. And I believe regardless of anyone's background you always are allowed a second chance."

"T-Thank you so much! This means the world for me..."

"You're welcome. I'll see you Monday morning okay?"

Oda nods and he received all his paperwork from Fukuzawa before leaving. Chuuya was waddling slowly as he held on to Oda's hand. Chuuya yawned and Oda looked down at him and smiled. "You tired?"

Chuuya nodded and Oda picked him up. Chuuya nuzzled into his chest and Oda put his pacifier into his mouth and within moments Chuuya was asleep. Oda looked down at him and he kissed his forehead lovingly. Everything Oda did was for him. No matter how scary it was. Oda loved him and would do anything to keep him safe, he would never be hurt or abandoned again. Oda would make sure of it.