"I hate you." Tara said before storming out the room and ghost giving me a look before he followed me.

"Can I get a pain reliever or something?" I asked.

"I'm sorry with your condition your not allowed to take any drug." The doctor said.

"My fucking head hurts." I snapped.

"Shay he's doing his job." Jaxon said.

"Apparently not." I mumbled.

"aye y'all go out." Elijah said.

"ah shit here they go." Q mumbled as he walked out the room.

"I'm glad your okay." Taylor said as she wrapped her arms around me. Everybody left the room and it was just elijah and me he just stared at me and I rolled my eyes.

"If your-

before I could finish he walked up to me and grabbed me by my neck and started choking me for real like he was trying to kill me I tried scratching his hands but I eventually gave out I was about to be out before he let me go causing me to cough and catch my breath hot tears came down my face as I held my throat.

"What the hell is yo problem!" I yelled as my voice cracked.

"you liked it, didn't you?" He asked.

"no I didn't like it elijah what the hell?" I said.

"what's wrong witchu." He asked as he grabbed me by my shirt.

"let go of me." I snapped.

"you doin drugs now? you wanted to die didn't you?" He asked while smiling.

"Maybe." I said quietly.

"for what and you better not fucking lie I'm not king if you don't tell me through free will I'll make Yo ass tell me." he said as he roughly let go off me.

"why do you care go back to your wife."

"this ain't bout me this bout you." he said as he pulled a chair up and sat down.

why did he make this so hard? why didn't he just leave it alone? why couldn't he just let me spiral out of control?

"I don't know." I said.

"you do know." he said as he got his phone out.

"where's my daughter and king?" I asked.

"oh you mean kaia? king took her back home with his people she had an anxiety attack after seeing her mother dead in a bath tub." he said as he looked up from his phone.

"I'm not dead."

"she didn't know that, imagine what was going through her head when she saw a woman who looked like her mother lay there not responding." he said.

"Fuck you elijah." I said while wiping my tears.

"Already did that twice actually, speaking of that I didn't know that your fiancé didn't know about the second time." he said, I looked at him and my heart dropped to my stomach.

"You told king?" I asked.

"accidentally he was tempting me." He shrugged.

"why are you here? to gloat? to laugh? Yeah I'm a drug addict. I'm not the person anyone thought I was I'm a disappointment, maybe I did want to die maybe I should have." I said as I sat back and he got up.

"what disappoints me is that you didn't come to us for help, ion think nun of that, I just wish you could have went about things differently." He said as he caressed my cheek he looked down and got up and walked out of the room. I closed my eyes and brought my knees to my chest and sobbed.

***

I splashed water onto my face and looked at myself in the mirror. What have I become? I never wanted it to get this far. I walked out of the bathroom and my mother and Xavier were standing there.

"mom." I said surprised not that surprised I bet adrianna scary ass called them.

"Shay." She said.

"what are you guys doing here?" I asked as I sat down.

"King called he told us what happened." She said as she crossed her arms.

"ma-

"do not mama me, why would you do this?! huh? we're you trying to get attention?" She asked, and I scoffed.

"attention? how could you even say that you think I would really do something that drastic for some damn attention?" I snapped.

"I wouldn't put it past you with your attitude lately." She said.

"Did you ever consider your the reason I started using in the first place? All this started because of you! you left me with that man and you started your own family, forgot all about me like I was nothing." I said as I stood up.

"how many times have I apologized Shay! I thought you didn't need me." she said.

"you thought I didn't need my mother? The woman that was supposed to protect me from all the evil in the world but you handed me to him like I didn't matter, yeah it's my fault but it started with you." I said, she sniffed and shook her head and walked out of the room slamming the door. Of course she ran she knew it was true everything I said was true.

"sit with me." Xavier said as he patted the hospital bed, I wiped my tears and sat next to him. "I'm not upset with you." he said.

"you shouldn't be it's not like your really related to me you have nothing to be ashamed of." I said as I looked down.

"Even if you were, I wouldn't be ashamed because you know what I see when I look at you mija?" he asked as he lifted my chin.

"what?"

"I see a beautiful strong woman who has been through hell and back and who is just trying to find her way." He said, and that was enough for me to break down all day I've been hearing how it's my fault I turned out like this but what would you do in my situation? if I really wanted to I could have ended it but I didn't that counts for something.

"I hate being like this." I said while shaking my head.

"I know shay." he said as he pulled me into his chest as I cried. "you know even though you aren't biologically my daughter I still love you like you are." He said and I nodded. "Shay I want you to get help okay." he said as he grabbed my shoulders making me look at him.

"I can't." I said.

"you can your strong alright and I'll be right here to catch you when you fall." he said and I wrapped my arms around him. Xavier has always tried to be there for me but I pushed him away because I've been hurt all my life by a so called father figure in my life and I wasn't trying to be hurt anymore but whether I'd admit it or not he is someone who clearly wants the best for me, and if he says I should get help then maybe I should get help and redeem myself.

                                             ****

Yayyy we back.💚 I wasn't going to do a second book but y'all wanted one real bad so fuck it, Shay finally admitted she needs help what do you think is going to happen next for her? Make sure y'all comment and vote.❤️