Chapter Four

Professor Flitwick stands in front of an old, run down orphanage. It's finally time to bring Mr. Potter home to England.

The half Goblin made his way up the broken walk and gave a gentle knock on the door.

"Apres-midi, mademoiselle. Harry?"

"Apres-midi. HARRY!"

The skinny raven haired boy dashes down the stairs at the call of his name.

"Oui, mademoiselle?" The matron simply points to the short professor that asked for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello, I'm Harry. You are looking for me?"

"Hello, Harry. I'm Professor Flitwick," he introduces himself, holding out his hand to shake and I do.

"Sir?"

"Yes, Harry?"

"Can I go home after?"

"Where is your home Harry?" The professor is confused by the question.  He had assumed he lived here at the orphanage.

"With my Aunt and cousin in Surrey."

"I'll see what I can do. I'll do my best to get you home. Now, we need to apperate. Have you been?" I nod quickly. "Okay, just hold on tightly then." I grab his hand tightly.

With a small pop we disappear from the orphanage and reappear before Gringotts in Diagon Alley.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Hello, mister goblin. I would like to enter my vault.* I bow low to the goblin behind the tall desk. I've read a lot of books about goblins and the bank.

*You speak our tongue well, young wizard.* "Now, do you have your key?" He asks, switching to English.

"No, I had no idea I needed a key, mister goblin."

"Okay. Well then your name, young wizard."

"Harry Potter," I answer slightly embarrassed and worried that people will start spazzing out.

"We should take you to the King but I'll check with a simple blood test. Just state your name as you prick your finger with this needle," he tells me, holding out what looks like a regular sewing needle.

I do as told and the needle glows white. "What soes that mean?" I ask.

"It means you are telling the truth. Now, we shall go to your vault. Follow me."

"Might I accompany you both? I have given my words to help Harry return home and I was to help him with his shopping."

"Yes, you may accompany us as long as Harry says it's okay." I nod quickly. "Alright, you may come with."

The Goblin then leads us further in the bank to what appears to be a cart system, sort of like a roller coaster. A very sketchy rollercoaster.

"Might I ask your name, mister goblin?"

"I am Griphook, Mister Potter. Normally we do not share names unless we are the account manager but you have earned my respect with your politeness." Griphook smiles and it's a little intimidating.

"Thank you much, Griphook. Please, call me Harry."

"You're welcome, Harry. This is our cart. Keep your hands and feet inside. It gets close to the walls sometimes."

TEN MINTUES LATER
(Cart malfunction)

There is a very large waterfall blocking the way we're going.

"Griphook, will that waterfall knock us off the tracks?"

"No, it's a magic waterfall. It removes spells, potions and various other things that can be used upon someone for various things," he smirks.

And yhen we were drenched.

Pain. There is so much pain.

I can't feel anything! Why can't I see?! What happened? Help!!

"Calm. You need to calm down. Your magic is very destructive right now," says a soft feminine voice.

"Who are you?"

"I am Lady Magic," she responds.

"What happened to me?"

"Like Griphook told you, the waterfall strips foreign magic from someone."

"Where am I then?"

"Inside your mind. You need to find the way out. Find the door."

I open my mouth to ask her what door but she's already gone.

'Think Harry!' Wait. 'There!'

I reach for the door and twist the knob, yanking it open.

Loud noises assault my ears. Why is it so loud here?

*Look, he's waking up.*

*Where am I? What happened? Why is everyone shouting?*

*Mr. Potter-*

*Harry, please.*

*Very well, Harry. No one is shouting. You are in Gringott's infirmary. We do not yet know what happened. You'll need an inheritance test to know more.*

*Okay. I'll do it. I want answers.* I try to sit up, only to find that I am restrained by something unseen.

*We are very sorry. You were flailing about and we feared you would injure yourself.*

"Why can't I see? My eyes are open, right?" I blink several times just to make sure.