The couple laughingly and tearfully shared traditional vows, but without the bonding ceremony that Frank and Alice had chosen. Lily said they discussed it, but it was a little too much for them right now. They wanted to focus on moving in together and starting their lives. But she'd shyly mentioned that they planned to renew their vows for a milestone anniversary in the future, during which they eventually would take the binding vows.   

The after-party was a night for the books. Truly, Sirius and Alice had outdone themselves. The service had all the uproar and energy known of Sirius's common room parties blended with the artistically tasteful touches Alice tempered it with. The garden was buzzing with celebrating guests. Carina recognized most of the faces from either Hogwarts or the Order. Even a few of James's new team members from the Falcons were in attendance. 

Sirius obviously brought Marlene, as they'd stayed together all this time. Remus had asked Mary McDonald, one of Lily's fellow trainees at St. Mungo's and also a fellow Order member, to be his date. Peter had brought Glenda Chittock, the same Hufflepuff he'd taken to their last ball. They weren't together, but they'd called on each other on and off again for a random date. They always seemed to have a good time, and both seemed content to leave it at that. 

That's how the evening later found Carina- sitting with a half-finished glass of champagne at an empty table as she people watched contently. 

She perked up slightly as Peter fell into the seat beside her. 

"Tired already?" He asked in good humor. 

"Not entirely," Carina shrugged. "Just taking it all in. Where's Glen?" 

"The loo," Peter answered, leaning back as he groaned in exhaustion. "She's got me all danced out." 

"Don't pretend like you don't enjoy it," Carina smirked. "You dance quite well, Peter." 

"Thanks," he flushed. "So why aren't you being swept across the dance floor? I've seen at least three of James's teammates eyeing you tonight." 

"So they can attempt to dance me off the floor and into bed?" Carina laughed dryly. "I've seen their looks, too. That's not what I'm looking for tonight." 

"Then why not bring a date?" He asked curiously. 

"I wouldn't know who to bring," Carina shrugged. "All my closest friends had dates. I'm not seeing anyone. And I didn't want to find someone random for this event and end up not enjoying it. It's Lily and James's wedding!" 

"Are you? Enjoying it?" 

"I am," Carina assured him, knowing what Peter was really asking with his concern filled eyes.  

"Why not one of the Prewetts?" He asked on a lighter note. "As much as you whinge about how impossible they are, it's obvious you enjoy their company." 

"HA! I would never live it down if I asked one of them. Besides, the other would undoubtedly tag along if I asked one, and I do not want to explain having twin wizards as my dates. You know how seriously the wizarding world takes potential triads?"      

"Now that would be hilarious," Peter keeled over laughing. "Sirius would lose his tongue from shock. I can already see Remus blushing like a tomato." 

"I'd rather not add fuel to that rumor, thanks," Carina shook her head wryly. "Besides, Lily and Alice would never let me hear the end of it." 

"I would never let you hear the end of it!" Peter guffawed. "You really know how to pick the lads, Carina. First, a closet death eater. Now a whole triad?" 

Carina narrowed her eyes before eventually, the laughter slipped out of her lips. "It's not my fault with the past! I have rotten luck when it comes to men and lasting relationships," she finished rather somberly. "And besides, the whole thing with the Prewetts really is a joke. A running rumor from the girls that they've played up for far too long."