Chapter 1 part2

He went up to her, thinking she was another one of his kind, and saw her crying. The Prince asked her what's wrong. As she turned around, she jumped by the sight of him. The Prince slithered back as he saw her lift her tail and saw she had fins at the end of them. What was she? He wondered.

The mermaid hesitated, "What are you? How are you moving like that? And your eyes... Who are you?"

The Prince saw no threat from her and introduced himself. He shortly later asked why she was crying. She replied saying that her sisters were making fun of her and said that no mermen think she's pretty or graceful. She had no one to turn to, not even her father, King of the merpeople, to help ease the harsh words... so she came to the shore to escape the sea. The Naga Prince couldn't stand to see her cry, and didn't understand why anyone would think she's not pretty.

As the Prince tried to comfort the Mermaid Princess, they began to feel a spark between each other. His kindness captured her heart, and her new smile captured his. They spent the rest of the evening under the starry sky talking, learning about each other and their people. With each passing hour they developed a new, profound feeling of love for each other. Truly it's a pair far unexpected, but it mattered not if one of them had scales coarse dry or silky wet. Each other's company was enough that one day could bring these two kingdoms together.