🌻 "Tired" 🌻

You and Stephen were in a relationship and been living together. Everything was great and fun until you started feeling like your relationship was in the verge of ending.

He had went for a visit to the Stark Tower to discuss about their upcoming mission. After the visit he wasn't acting the same. He kept himself busy all the time.

First you thought, maybe it was just some stress regarding the mission but you were wrong.

He had started avoiding you and he no longer slept next to you. Every morning you found him passed out on his desk along with stacks of books.

Everytime you tried to speak to him, he excused himself while bringing up some work.

You had enough of this and decided to confront him.

You searched for him all around the sanctorum only to find him inside his library going through some book on magic and spells.

YOUR POV

"Stephen, I need to talk to you."

He sighed while flipping through pages "I'm busy (y/n), can we talk later, please" not even looking at you.

You get annoyed with the way he spoke to you. He was acting like you meant nothing to him.

"No! I want to talk to you right now" you shouted, while still holding your anger and frustration.

He gets pissed off with this and slams the book on the table and glares at you.

"Please Stephen, just once listen to me." you whispered, realising how loud you were before.

"Fine, say what you want and leave." he stated bluntly, while folding his hands.

This hurts you."I don't know what is bothering you so much, but the way you are avoiding me is hurting me deep." you blurted out.

He rubbed his temples with his trembling fingers and took a deep breath "Honestly, I'm tired of this"

You stumble hearing this. Did he just---

"What do you mean? Are you tired of being with me?" your voice crack and your eyes were pleadingly looking at him.

He didn't answer. So you continued. While wiping away your tears, "Stephen I'm trying to talk to you and you've been avoiding me. You no longer even sleep beside me and not even touch me or even look at me anymore."

He didn't replied, his face was stern with no emotion.

You couldn't hold it anymore and you started crying, your lips quivering, you looked at him again and not even once he walked up-to you or tried to console you.

The Stephen you knew would've wiped your tears away and kissed you softly assuring you everything was fine. But the one standing right in front of you seemed like a complete stranger.

You got annoyed and almost yelled at him, "Say something!"

This triggers him and he looks at you with anger, "Oh I get it, so you just want me to F*ck you, isn't it?" he barked.

You stare at him with wide eyes, wondering were you dreaming or has he really said that.

"You think I'm confronting you to have s*x with me?" wiping away your tears "You think so low of me Stephen?"

"Then what do you want from me, (Y/N)" he yelled again.

The next thing he said crushed your heart into pieces, you never ever expected that he will ever say that to you.

"You should be thankful that I'm letting you stay here with me, dealing with your annoying behavior, I'm so tired of you (Y/N)" he screamed out.

******
Few months ago, you had lost your job and you didn't had any place to stay, so Stephen forced you to stay with him until you get a new job.

After applying to hundreds of firms and giving a dozens of interviews, you found a job and they paid you well but you decided that you wanted to stay close to Stephen. Indeed he is a superhero but sometimes a superhero needs a shoulder to lean on too.

********

You looked at him with defeated eyes, his face was raging with anger and he was hurting you with his words. Not even caring for once how you felt. Then your eyes fell on his right scarred hand, he was wearing that watch. The same watch his ex had given to him.

You understood well what that meant. You wanted to cry out loud and scream at him for breaking your heart. Instead, you held back your tears and made up your mind to leave him.

He was tired of you. He thinks you're annoying. He is even wearing the watch Christine had given him. You hate to believe this but he doesn't even love you anymore...

But did he ever loved you though?
Your mind was boggling with millions of thoughts.

Your heart was breaking at the thought of leaving him, but you had to leave him. You cannot stay with someone who doesn't even care how you feel.

You glanced at him again, the same lips which used to kiss you was spitting out venom.

"Okay" that's all you could say.

He arched his eyebrow, questioning what you really meant.

You just smiled and nodded, nothing.

You were numb.

++++++

You went back to your room, packed your clothes and wrote a letter for him to read.

You took a last glance around the sanctorum and felt your tears flowing again. Hundreds of memories flashing in front of you. You breathe out defeated and left. This is it. You aren't letting him to walk upon you. You are a human too. Your feelings matters.

To be continued...