The Proposal!!

Date: 23/06/2020

The Blue Eyes (Rifa Fathma)

Episode 3:

The Proposal!!

The whole of Islamabad was silent from any vehicles as it was Sunday. Yes, everyone's favourite day of the week.

After having eaten the lunch, all went to their respective rooms. Maira was in the kitchen, washing the dishes, singing something under her breath.

Her mother always used to stop her from doing any chore. Her mother never made her do anything. But the innocent Maira loved working and helping others. Now, her wish had been fulfilled in this house that too forcefully.

"Mai... Off, you are still washing the dishes?" She flinched hearing Laiba's high pitched and annoying voice.

Patting her foot on the ground, Laiba put her hand on her hips and raised her fake eyebrows. "When are you planning to settle my clothes in my wardrobe, huh?"

"You must be in my room within 10 minutes, got it?" Laiba didn't even wait for her to say anything.

"Okay, Laiba," Maira replied wearily. She could hear Laiba storming out of the kitchen. She heaved a sigh of relief.

Fast Maira!

She tied her hair into a bun and started washing the dishes fastly.

After a few minutes, she was done with the dishes and headed towards Laiba's room. Her heart was beating fast. Every time she went to Laiba's room, she heard so many bad words about herself from Laiba like she is worthless, ugly, orphan, no one loves her, she didn't deserve anything and a lot more. She was afraid to hear her tantrums again.

She took a deep breath before knocking on her door. She raised her hand to knock but halted in the middle hearing Laiba's whisper-scream on the other side.

"You ought to be kidding me!"

What's happening?

She was perplexed about to whom Laiba was talking. She decided to knock and so did she. But Laiba continued to 'whisper scream. She again knocked but this time a little louder. Again she got no reply. So, she chose to go in. She slowly opened the door and walked in.

Laiba was pacing here and there with her phone pressed against her ear. The lines were starting to form on Laiba's forehead. Laiba stopped on seeing her standing in her room. She gulped hard seeing Laiba's glares at her.

Laiba moved the phone from her ear. "Who gave you the permission to enter in?"

"You!" Laiba was shocked to see her come back. It's the first time she replied to Laiba back.

"Haa?" Laiba raised her eyebrows shockingly.

"You told me to come here to settle your clothes." She smiled. Laiba was silent for a few minutes. Not knowing what to say, Laiba looked behind her

"Ever heard of closing the door after coming in?" Laiba roared. She quickly closed the door and got to her work.

Laiba again pressed her phone against her ear. "So, what was I saying? Yeah! HOW DARE YOU take her out that day and lie to me that you are busy?"

She slowed down her work. Her eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"Just ENOUGH of your games Danial! I... WHAT?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN? I love shopping and so I was shopping JUST weekly once!"

WEEKLY ONCE? and that too just?