Chapter 9: Somebody To Love

The next few weeks were a mash of working at the inn, spending time with Tomas, and flitting off through the woods to spend time with Adrian. If I thought either of us would get tired of sex, it wasn't happening anytime soon. If things were slow at the inn, and Tomas found himself busy with friends, I'd leave early. No sooner would I get to the castle would we make love like we hadn't just seen each other that morning or the night before. One time he'd meet me on the path and we'd barely made it off the road and into the woods before losing some of our clothing.

When we weren't all over each other, everything else stayed the same. I stayed over most nights, telling Lea, Reo, and Tomas that I worked some of the time for Adrian. It wasn't completely honest and I felt horrible but I could hardly tell them what we were really up to. When I did wake up alone sometimes, I'd creep down to the library in my shift and Adrian would read to me from whatever he had been reading.

This night, I laid my head on his leg while he read from an early guide on botany. I'd closed my eyes, listening to the deep, honeyed voice, when I'd felt his fingers trace over my collarbone and down the center of my chest. His words never stopped, going on about this plant or that plant, but my focus had been jerked away when his hand cupped my breast, kneading it gently, playing with one nipple between two long fingers. He only paused in his reading just a fraction of a second when I moaned softly. When I slit my eyes open, he was smiling as he read.

His hand pulled away reluctantly as I sat up, moving back to lay on my stomach across the lounge. Propped up on elbows, I delighted in how he froze, reading and all, when I parted his robes and lifted his shirt up.

"Isabel..." he said under his breath as I took him in my mouth. I heard the book snap shut as I moved my mouth over him, my hand working the length of his shaft - There was no way it would all fit in there. His hand slid down my back over my shift and rested on my bare ass, squeezing it fondly and he let out a long groan when I moaned against him. Just as I had really gotten a rhythm going, he told me to stop. I did, sitting up. He pulled me into his lap and as he positioned himself, I slid down on him - slowly. It felt so wonderful, every time. He lifted my shift up and removed it, flinging it off to the side somewhere. He watched me in awe as his hands traced down my sides and over my hips, squeezing lightly as I pushed down on him all the way.

He leaned against the back of the lounge as I started moving back and forth, riding him slowly and gently at first, him filling me entirely - the warmth already spreading up my core, my cheeks reddening. His hands squeezing my hips and gently pushing me back and forth a little faster until I moved faster on my own. The result was instant - That coil in my stomach readying itself quickly to burst. Suddenly he sat up straight, pulling me hard against him, hand squeezing my ass as he moved his hips, as much as he could while sitting, and kissed me as I exploded inside in a mess of warmth, happiness and love. He stiffened, groaning loudly into our kiss, holding me fast to him as he shuddered.

Book forgotten, we both went back to bed and slept.

The next day I didn't have to work at the inn but did go into town to see Tomas and to get some things from the market. I spent the morning strolling along some trails outside of the village while Tomas explored, but come afternoon, his friends were ready for some games in the square. Some men I didn't recognize stood just outside the square, eyes wandering all over the nearby people and buildings. I moved toward the inn, finding Reo just outside the door.

"Who are they?" I asked Reo.

"Not entirely sure." He said. "They come into the bar and ask questions. Looking for some kind of keep that's filled with all the knowledge there is on how to defeat monsters, but it's guarded by a monster."

I felt my heart skip a beat. Surely, Adrian didn't have anything to worry about. They didn't look particularly strong or threatening. As I watched them one turned and met my eyes, a smirk crossing his face as he tilted his head in a nod.