☁Part 3☁

H

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you want me to say it from the beginning or..?" George was waiting for an answer.

"Usually I prefer short stories because I easily get bored, but now we have literally all the time in the world unless something happens, it's up to you." Dream grinned.

"Alright then" he cleared his throat. "So-"

"Wait! Before you start, I need to take some snacks out of my bag."

George gave him an annoyed look. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" he told him while leaning for the bag that was settled on the ground.

"We live in times when we need to spare food so we can survive and you're choosing to eat it because you can't be patient enough? That isn't nice nor smart of you."

"You said it's going to be a long story, I just want to be prepared!"

"I-" he paused. "You're such an idiot"

"Hey, I'm hungry! That doesn't make me an idiot!"

"You know what, you do you, I'm just gonna tell it."

"Finally!" he laughed.

George sat himself down on a tree trunk behind him, fixing his position so he was comfortable. Dream opened a bag of crackers and started eating. He stretched it to George so he could take some, but he refused, making a sign with his hands and rolling his eyes. The other boy shrugged smiling "Okay then, more for me!" He couldn't help but smile back.

"Before you do any more dumb stuff, I will start telling the story."

"That wasn't dumb!"

"Yes it was, now shut up and let me say it!"

"Okay okay, I was running out of food anyway."

"Oh, for fuck's sake, Dream!"

Dream burst into laughing. "Just tell it!"

"Okay then, I'm gonna tell it!"

"Okay, do it!"

"I would if you weren't continuously telling me to!"

"Oh my god, just do it already!"

"Fine, fine, fine. So-"

"Now that I think about it, I don't want to hear the story anymore." he said a mouthful of crackers.

"I- Then why-"

"Just kidding! Go ahead. I'm listening." He wheezed.

George told him the story, most of the time stopping because of the other boy's stupid yet cheerful remarks. They got along pretty well, despite the fact that they've known each other for only a couple hours.

He must admit, Dream was an enjoyable company. He was funny even though his dad jokes were somehow annoying. His laugh that was most of the time ending with a wheeze was considered contagious and hilarious.

Their talk was interrupted by some sort of sound coming from the woods. George jumped at the sudden noise which scared Dream more than it did itself. Out of instinct, he got his knife from his belt and stood up. He turned around to where it could supposedly be coming from, as the lad beside him did the same.

He tried opening his mouth to say something but he was met with Dream's finger touching it as a sign for him to stay silent. He almost squealed at the unexpected sight but stopped right away. After putting his hand away from the other's face, he started to silently walk around.
George was left there, his cheeks turning into a slight pink shade.

He followed Dream's back, with his eyes peeled. Every single leaf swish caught their attention. Step by step they went further and further from their initial location until they realized, they were lost.

He suggested going back the way they came, but as they did so, they got deeper into the unknown. They knew that because it looked unfamiliar. The vibes changed from welcoming and positive to that one scene in a horror movie where the protagonist is watched and followed by a presence or person. They have walked for what seemed like hours.

"So.." George began. "We're lost."

"No shit Sherlock!" He exclaimed. "All of our things are there! I shouldn't have taken decisions without thinking, or at least I should have brought the bag with me. Who knows if we will get back. We can starve to death in here! I'm-" he crouched, covering his frowned expression and quietly groaning. "I'm sorry.."

The other boy kneeled to sit down and put a hand on his shoulder, smiling. "Hey, dude, no worries. We're still fine. We can look for food here. This place is massive!" He tried comforting him. "I mean.. I'm sure we'll find the way back." he stopped, as thoughts filled his head. "We need to..." he worryingly mumbled. "But until then, we can try to adapt to these circumstances! It's not the end of the world. Uh, I mean, it is sort of, but that's not the point!"

He softly chuckled. "Yeah. I guess you're right." he sighed. "I don't know why I act like such a baby. Of course, we're going to get out of here! I just-" he interrupted himself while rubbing the back of his neck, trying to make it sound right. "I have finally met someone that isn't one of those hybrid creatures, after a long time and the feeling of losing them because of my stupid actions just.. Hurts.."

"Dream... look at me."
He turned to face him but avoided eye contact. He really looked hurt, even though his mask covered it. "I have told you earlier that I won't leave you. We're in the same boat. It's not like I'm gonna run away or just suddenly vanish. Just... Let's enjoy our time together and focus on finding our way to the base, or at least to try and find food."

"Thank you." He softly said, warping his arms around him into a hug. George returned the hug. He tried pulling away but the other was holding him tight.

"Dream? You can let go now." He waited for a response but he only buried his face in his shoulder. "Dream?" he gently asked.

"You said that we should enjoy every moment with each other, and I don't want to ruin this one." he half-whispered.

George blushed a little at the man's words. He must admit, he was good at hugs.

They have pulled away. "So, what now?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

➻hi! uhh, sorry for the late update... I haven't gotten any motivation to continue this but I'm feeling better now :)
➻anyway, I hope you enjoyed this short chapter.. It was pretty boring hh.. This is when the stuff begins :>>
➻it was kinda fluffy ngl
➻ I didn't expect this to blow up •-•
➻have a great day/night!!