chapter 8

Skylar woke up when she felt the urge to vomit. She shot up out of bed then ran into the bathroom then vomited into the toilet. She stood up then flushed it. "Why do I feel so bad" she whispered then walked over to the sink. She brushed her teeth then washed her face.

"Skylar!" Ethan shouted and she groaned. Skylar went back into the room then walked over to Ethan.

"Yes sir," she said and he glared at her.

"What were you doing in there?" He asked and I began playing with my finger.

"Um... I'm not feeling well" she said to him and he stood then rolled his eyes.

"What do you mean you're not feeling well, I don't have time for this shit, I'm hungry and I don't want you touching my food with your sick self," he said with a disgusted look on his face. Skylar shrugged then left the room.

"Fine with me" she whispered so he couldn't hear her. For the past 3 weeks, Skylar has been feeling nauseous. She had a few headaches now and then and she would get so tired that she falls asleep while doing her work. Ethan would get so angry at her for being lazy but she couldn't help herself.

"Skylar remember to buy a bottle of liquor for me!" Ethan shouted from the room and she sighed then grabbed the money off the counter. Skylar shoves the money in her bag then left the house.

"He's so annoying," Skylar said as she walked down the road. She rolled her eyes then sighed. She wanted to go see the doctor but she knew Ethan wouldn't let her. Every time she was sick he would just leave her like that until she gets better. Skylar entered the store and she looked up and saw Nova. Skylar waved to Nova and she waved back. Ever since the encounter with Nova and her book. Skylar and nova became friends without Ethan knowing. Skylar walked down the liquor aisle then picked Ethan's favorite drink.

Skylar placed the bottle down and looked up at Nova "hey are you okay you look a little pale?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I don't feel so well" Skylar replied then placed her hand over her mouth. She felt like she wanted to vomit but it stopped.

"Oh, morning sickness" she giggled then nudge Skylar on the shoulder. Skylar looked at her confused then shook her head.

"What do you mean?" Skylar asked and Nova rolled her eyes.

"I know how to help you," she said then ran over to the pregnancy aisle. She brought back a pregnancy test then handed it to Skylar.

"Why do I need this I'm not pregnant," Skylar said then handed it back to her.

"Please just trust me, go take it there's a bathroom around there," Nova said and Skylar walked off with no clue about what just happen. She walked into the bathroom then opened the box.

"I'm so confused right now how could I be pregnant" she whispered to herself. After she peed on the test she read the instruction then placed the test down and waited for the minutes to be finished. A few minutes later she picked it up then looked at it.

"Oh my god Ethan's going to kill me" her eyes widen and she gulped. "No no no I can't be pregnant" Skylar didn't know how to react to the situation "how am I going to tell him," she said then began playing with her fingers. She walked back over to Nova then showed her the pregnancy test.

"Oh my god, I'm going to be a godmother" Nova squealed and Skylar's heart began to beat really fast.

"No this can't be happening now," she said while playing with her fingers.

"Skylar calm down I'm sure when he holds the baby in your arms your not going to want to let go," she said and I shook my head.

"You don't understand, my boyfriend is going to kill me before the baby is even born" Skylar cried. Someone cleared their throat and Skylar moved so that the other person could cash. Skylar bit down on her then thought about a way of telling Ethan.

"Umm... Excuse me but where are the rum aisle I need some whiskey" Levi said and Nova smiled then said.

"Um... that was the last one I'm sorry" Nova pointed at the bottle in Skylar's hand and he nodded.

"That's okay I'll just get myself another drink, I'll be back," Levi told her then left.

"Skylar did you see that Levi talked to me, he's so hot and fucking sexy," Nova said then touched Skylar on the shoulder. Skylar jumped then turned to look at her.

"What the big deal about that guy?" Skylar asked and Nova rolled her eyes.

"Skylar he's a billionaire he doesn't date common girls like us," she said and Skylar laughed.

"Oh well good luck I need to get home before Ethan gets angry," Skylar said then left the store. When she got home she gave the bag to Ethan. Nodded then waved her off but she didn't move.

"You can go," he said and just stood there while playing with her fingers.

"I have something to tell you Ethan" Skylar whispered and be looked up at her. She handed him the pregnancy test and he looked at her.

"What's this for Skylar we can't afford a baby," he said then looked down at it his eyes widen and he glared at her. "Wait so you're telling me that your pregnant?" He asked and she nodded, scared of what he's going to say.

"I just found out today that's why I've been so sick" she mumbled and he groaned out loudly.

"Skylar we can't afford a fucking baby we have to buy diapers clothes a fucking crib. How am I supposed to afford that!" He shouted and she started crying. "Why are you crying it's true," he said and she wiped her tears away. "We can't keep it"

"What!" Skylar almost shouted and he stood up.

"We can't keep the baby Skylar we have to get rid of it," he said and she started crying again.

"No I'm not letting you get rid of my baby, I'll figure out a way to get him all those stuff" she cried and he sighed.

"Fine you can keep it and it's only because it's my child," he said and Skylar sighed in relief. Skylar was a little bit scared at the same time that the baby might not survive, but she'll her best.
••••••••••••••••••••••

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE 🤐