Stranger Of Nightmares

Editor: HannahLoveYou14

Jung-Woo’s Pov: 

"Here's the taxi fee." Shin Jae-Ho said as he shoved the money into my chest. 

I shook my head rejecting his money saying, "I’ll just walk, it’s not that far from here."  

"Just take the money and get in." He opened the car door and grabbed my head to push me into the taxi. “See you at work tomorrow.” He then closed the door on me and headed to the front of the car. 

“This one is going to Eden Studio. You know where that is? Well anyways he has the money for the fee. Take care and thank you.” Shin said as he bowed to the driver before and waved at me as he walked off. 

I felt myself sigh in relief as I saw him walking away. His presence felt like pressure on my back, he made me feel like I was on my toes every time he was around me.

As I got settled in the taxi I could hear soft music playing from the radio. It was calming to hear after what had just happened. 

"Another drunken fight?” He asked. “I think it's true, look at those kids. They're so cruel.” As he continued to talk I felt myself get annoyed. I just wanted to forget about the fight and listen to the music.

“They smile and tear insects to pieces so nonchalantly.” He continued, “you know the phrase ‘strangers from hell’ right?" I look out the window trying to blockout his voice.  

"Sir! Can you shut up?” I said as I started to scratch my head in annoyance. Feeling bad though right after seeing his surprised expression at my outburst I apologized, ”I'm sorry I'm really tired.” 

He looked back at me from his rearview mirror. "What is someone like you being tired?"

“It’s just been a ridiculous night.” I said as I turned my head to lay on the window.  

What happened to me back there? It was like I was possessed by some force to just beat the living hell out of that dude. A chill ran down my spine as I started to remember the army and the incident that happened. That was the exact feeling I had back then.  

I felt the cab come to a stop and looked up to see the Eden Studio. I gave the taxi driver his money before I left the cab. I started to go up the stairs but before I entered the floor I heard something from the floor above.  

I looked up from the stairs to see that bald stuttering freak go in there. I waited a minute to see if I could hear anything else but I decided to ignore it and go into the floor.

As I entered I said to myself 'did you miss me?' Before sighing at my lack of enthusiasm and hatred of being here. 

I walk in saying hi to the landlord, as I made my way down the hall I felt my footsteps get heavier as fatigue started hitting me. I was about to open my door when in the corner of my eye I see Yoo Ki-Hyeok  

"Hi, bye." I said as I quickly closed the door behind me.

I set my phone down on the desk and collapsed on my bed. As I was about to fall asleep there, a bad scent hit my nose.  

I raised my arm and got a whiff of my body odor. 'I should probably take a shower' as I was looking for some clothes, I heard the same sound I heard earlier like someone was dropping something. 

"What is that?" I shrug it off thinking it was that stuttering freak playing or doing something up there. But the chill down my back refused to leave.

I walked out of my room and walked to where the showers were. As I was walking I felt like someone was watching me but as I looked back all I saw was someone's door closing. I slowly turned my head and kept walking. ‘When will this end?’

I walk into the showers, but as I do I see Moon-jo, who was already in the shower naked. When he heard me walk in he turned to me and gave me that smile that he always has.

"Hey, how was your day, I saw that i-it's nice o-outside." I said trying to break the awkward silence and shrug off his smile. 

I started to put my stuff in the basket in front of me and started to remove my clothes. Before I could turn on the shower he responded to me by saying.  

"Yeah but not as beautiful as you.” I thought I heard him wrong and I looked to see if anyone was around before pointing at myself. “Me?” I asked.  

He turned his body, fully facing me before saying. "Who else would I be talking to?" I blushed and turned my face to turn on the water.  

The rest of the time was filled with silence as I didn’t have the energy or passion to say anything else. As I was showering I looked down at my hands and realized I had ripped some skin from getting in that fight. I put my hand under the water and began to rub off the dried blood. 

As him and I finished our showers we got changed into our clothes. I walked over to one of the mirrors and began to run my towel through my hair trying to dry it some. 

Moon-Jo walked over to me and peered at me through the mirror before saying, "let's go have some beers on the rooftop."  

"Ah sorry, I wish I could but I have work tomorrow morning and I already am exhausted. I think I need to go to bed." I said while drying hair. 

"That's a shame." He walked up behind me making me freeze and turn my head to look up at him. 

"I wanted to get to know you better." He said while touching my face.