Chapter Four: Catinas, Smugglers, and Everything In Between

Ezra decided there was only one way to describe Tatooine: hot.

The sun was beating down relentlessly on the stone streets, and Ezra was forced to wipe the sweat from his brow every few minutes. The rest of the crew was in a similar predicament, all of them accustomed to the cooler atmosphere of Lothal; none of them wore clothes that were short-sleeved or breathable. The only person to seem unbothered was Kara, who lead the crew through the streets of Mon Eisley.

It was weird for him to see his friend outside Lothal. Even if it had been years since they'd seen each other last, Ezra's memories with her were all located on Lothal, whether it was in one of their respected homes or running through the streets playing tag. Seeing Kara walk past the sand colored buildings was strange.

"Please tell me this friend of yours is somewhere indoors." Zeb growled from behind Ezra.

"He is." Kara said over her shoulder, halting at the door to a building with a rounded roof. "This is it."

"A cantina?" Hera raised an eyebrow. "Your friend is in here?"

"You'll see." Kara told her, before pressing a button on the door panel and walking inside, the rest of the group hesitantly following suit.

As they descended into the cantina, it took Ezra's eyes a moment to adjust to the dim light, but he didn't need his vision to tell that the room was packed. The moment they stepped through the door, the sounds of loud conversation surrounded Ezra, and he didn't understand the majority of what the people in the cantina were saying. When his eyes finally did adjust, he took in the room. Like the exterior, the walls were made of sandstone, but the inside was much more modern. The tables, chairs, floor, and decorations were all made out of metal that gleamed in the little light. Nooks were carved into the wall with booths, and almost every table was occupied. Ezra saw more species in this one room than he had in his entire life.

Kara didn't linger in the entrance, instead walking forward, pushing past the people in her way as she headed towards the center of the room, where the bar was located. Ezra hurried after her, apologizing quickly to each person he shimmied past. He could hear his friends do the same, and he could already hear Kanan's complaint about how Kara lacked manners.

Kara leaned against the bar, turning back to the group. "You want anything to drink?" She asked nonchalantly. Nobody answered right away, but Kara didn't seem to bothered. Instead, she turned to the bartender, an Ithorian who reminded Ezra of Old Jho on Lothal. "A round of Ardees." She pulled a few credits out of her pocket, sliding them over. The bartender took them, and a moment later 6 glasses appeared, all filled with a fizzing yellow liquid. The crew reached, each taking theirs. Kara took a sip. "Is Loki around?" She asked the bartender, but before he could answer, another voice chimed in.

"Well, if it isn't the most beautiful girl in the galaxy."

The Ithorian stepped out of the way, and a man stepped forward, beaming at Kara. He looked a few years older than Ezra, with a light scruff on his to show for it. His green eyes gleamed, and he adjusted his leather jacket as he leaned against the bar opposite Kara. Though he didn't know why, seeing how this stranger looked at Kara caused Ezra to grow irritated.

"Don't flatter me." Kara retorted playfully, but Ezra could see the hint of a blush on her face, furthering his sour feelings. "Everyone, this is Loki. Loki, these are a few friends of mine. They're hoping to do business with you."

"Any friend of Kara is a friend of mine." Loki smiled, winking at the group. "Any of you hungry?"

"I could eat." Zeb responded, earning a galre from Kanan. "What? He asked."