"So as I was asking before we were interrupted, is there anything I need to do?" Surprisingly Mike answers.

"Nothing too big, just your name, where you lived before and hobbies I think. Oh and probably why you moved to Forks" His smirk morphed into a genuine smile. 

"Ok cool, I can do that. Not as tough as it originally sounds."Lola and Mike both laugh as Lauren grabs a hold of Mike possessively. Lola doesn't mind though and continues to talk to him, as she sees him properly. He's not just broad-shouldered and handsome, in that average American way. His eyes are a surprisingly warm brown that matches his ash-blond hair, tied together by his full pink lips. While Jessica does have stringy blond hair, Lola thought he much better suited her instead of the bland and sickly pale Lauren.

"Yeah, it's a new thing the school is doing. It's funny since this is a small place. Surprisingly we've had a few people move to our town." He says as he pushes Lauren off who huffs and chooses to glare at both new girls.

"I'm surprised" Lola and Mike laughed about the irony. Someone moving to a small town didn't seem weird, it was the number of people who'd done so in such a short time.

"Yeah, a small and wealthy family moved our way from Alaska. they're pretty quiet though and stick to themselves." He explained casually. Lola was glad they had met, for a white guy he seemed ok. Jessica enviously comments on Bella and Lola being the new shiny toys at school as Bella laughs awkwardly. They start their conversation about the school's swim team but Lola pays attention to Mike.

"So where are you from? Not much is known about you."Lauren reacts jealously to the attention Bella and Lola are receiving. 

"I'm from the Makah. Just a bus ride away." Lauren scrunched her nose in confusion.

"I've never heard of it, is it far?" she pouts cutely and flutters her eyes at Mike.

"Well, let's put it this way. We did the big shopping in Port Angeles." Lola says in exasperation.

"Oh, you mean Neah Bay?" He recognizes.

"Who are they?" their conversation is interrupted by Bella and Lola looking toward where she has gestured. 

Sitting across the room, five kids sat blank and unseeing as they pushed the food around on their trays. Unlike everyone else, they paid Lola and Bella no attention and somehow she felt drawn to them. It wasn't their ethereal beauty that caught her, nor the uninterest. It was the sad and longing look of hunger in them. Freaks, like her in a way.  

For a family, they didn't resemble one another at all. The tallest girl had a disdainful look that marred her stunning face. It both did and didn't fit there. She was beyond beautiful, like a living piece of art with golden blond hair which cascaded gracefully down her back. The shorter of the two was almost sickeningly thin, despite that she was still breathtaking with her angelic features. She appeared like a mythical creature from a fantasy, small like an elf or pixie. One of the boys stood tall and while Mike was broad, this boy was larger like a bear or even a strong oak tree. He had dark curly hair cut short and an impish grin -even for blank and unseeing-. Another of the boys who resembled a hunter with a lean and masculine physique wore a pinched expression that did not suit him. Lastly sat a lanky but handsome boy with chestnut brown hair and like the tallest girl, his face scrunched in confusion as he looked across between Lola and Bella. Compared to his siblings, he was unimpressively beautiful. Regardless, Lola -and seemingly, Bella- couldn't look away.

"They're the Alaskans" Mike answers humorously at me. Lauren and Jessica giggled prettily.

"Ok, the tall girl is Rosalie Hale, and her sister Alice Cullen. For the boys, Emmet Cullen is the big guy and Jasper Hale is the one who looks like he smells a bad fart." At Erics' comment, Emmets' seat jerked suspiciously.

" They all live together with Dr Cullen and his wife. " Jessica finished under her breath.

"they are... very nice-looking" Bella commented 

"Yes, but they're all together though." Lauren giggled as Jessica spoke again.

"Emmet and Rosalie, Alice and Jasper, I mean. They live together too." Jessica commented with condemnation of a small town. Irritation bubbled up inside Lola at Jessicas' gossip.

"Which ones are the Cullens?" 

"They don't look related." Bella and Lola spoke at the same time

"Oh, they're not. Dr Cullen is super young, like in his twenties or early thirties. They're all adopted too." Eric explained.

"The Hales are biological siblings though. Twins, I think" Supplied Angela 

"they look a little old for fostering though"

"They are now, the Hales at least are both eighteen. They have lived with Mrs Cullen since they were eight though. I think she's their aunt"

"That very kind of them, to take in so many children like that. You know, being young as they are."

"I guess so" Jessica admitted reluctantly as jealousy coloured her face.

"I think Mrs Cullen can't have kids though" She whispered Scandalously. At her side, Angela drew a sharp intake of breath, her eyes growing thin with fury. Her lips thinned as she stood and hissed at Jessica.

"So what! It doesn't make her any less!" Angela sneered quietly and stomped off. Jessica looked up at Angela's retreating regretfully, the two boys watched her go in concern.

"Sorry, I forgot." Before Lola or Bella could ask, Lauren changed the subject while looking at Jessica sternly. 

"The youngest Looking boy is Edward Cullen"

"Gorgeous of course, but don't waste your time. He doesn't date. None of the girls here is good-looking enough for him" Jessica added, displeased which drew a smirk out of everyone else. 

"Don't worry, I wasn't gonna," Bella added. Lola didn't bother responding

Across the room, Edward turned to his family annoyance and curiosity warring within him. 

"What'd you hear? Anything nefarious?" Alice asked chipper.

"No, not much from the Chief's daughter. The other girl though absolutely hates Lauren Mallory." 

"Ok, so nothing newsworthy then?" Emmet asked, receiving an annoyed look from his Mrs.

"Nothing newsworthy? Edward, what do you mean nothing from the chief's daughter?" Jasper asked.

"No, I mean I couldn't hear her point blank. Not a single thing." Rosalie's jaw tensed as she glared across at the new girls.

"So what? it doesn't mean anything to us." Rose uttered as she turned back to her siblings. Edward ignored her and surreptitiously looked back at the two girls. 

"you're right Rose. it's not important" Edward responded. Before Jasper or anyone else could say anything, Alice changed the subject but Edward wasn't listening; His attention split between the two girls.

Lola  -as she thought of herself- was quite interesting in her own right to him. In modern day America, he hadn't expected her mentality but enjoyed her strong criticism of Lauren and Jessica. He'd never liked those two irritating fleas, nor that nasty grease ball Eric Yorkie. Since he and his siblings were known to be quite aloof, he'd never had to actually interact with him. From Erics thoughts alone, Edward knew he would have probably drained him during his rebellious phase. While he did feel bad thinking that, Edward actually felt worse for the sick thoughts Eric had about their classmates and teachers. 

As for Bella Swan, at face value, she was a pretty girl but he didn't think much of her beside that. Well, he'd never met anyone who could block him from their thoughts, which lit a burning curiosity in him. He wondered why only Jasper was intrigued by that thought, not even Emmet had a lingering concern in that. Lola seemed to think Bella was interesting enough though, which seemed good if her review of Eric, Lauren and Jessica meant anything. 

Edward looked at them one more time before turning away. He knew whatever gossip about them would circulate soon enough, which would hopefully wane his curiosity. 

TBC