Chapter 15: Come With Me

Start from the beginning

He's reading? She wondered and unknowingly smiled to herself.

Jisoo put the book gently on their table and pulled her chair, "See? I told you that reading is not that bad," she told him but he did not respond.

"I took a different material because another student borrowed the book I'm looking for first," she continued as she sat down. She looked at him but he looked like he still hadn't noticed her presence.

"I'll finish this in half an hour, we have our next class together, right?" she added to gain his attention but to no use.

"Taehyungie?" she queried and her eyes squinted at him.

Jisoo leaned to look over his book and she frowned as she found him sleeping behind and snoring lightly. Her forehead creased and she puffed her cheeks. Jisoo pinched Taehyung on his cheeks.

"What the fuck?!" he flinched and yelled earning a harsh shush and glare from the librarian and the students near them.

He looked around and glared at her. She glared back softly.

"I thought it's no sleeping?" she said in an accusing tone.

He looked away.

Well, in his defense, he did try to read but just like he expected, his eyes felt very heavy during the first sentence and he drifted to sleep unconsciously.

Maybe the books can help my insomnia, he thought.

"I'm not sleeping," Taehyung denied it and held his nape.

"Yeah?" Jisoo sat back again and stared at him seriously. He was a little scared to say the least. She looked like an angry small rabbit.

"Okay," he said in defeat and combed his hair upwards, "How can I not? The words are like hypnotizing me to close my eyes," he reasoned, "This is so boring and stupid."

Jisoo shook her head in disappointment, "Fine," she pulled one book from the stack she put on their table and slid it to him, "Read some picture books, it'll help you start."

Taehyung scowled as he stared at the book on his hand, "This is still reading," he mumbled in protest.

"Are you saying something Taehyungie?" Jisoo's sweet voice hummed him but he sure heard a looming threat beneath it. He gulped.

"No," Taehyung answered and opened the book.

Fucking polar bears, he thought as he scanned the pages. Poor innocent polar bears staring back at him.

They spent the next few minutes with Jisoo writing her paper and Taehyung glaring at polar bears.

Actually, he had nothing to do but he got to school early because he thought it was his usual schedule. He almost sneaked his way home but she insisted on accompanying her to the library while she wrote her essay so he stayed. After finishing Jisoo's paper, they went to the next class together.

Taehyung sat at the farthest corner beside the window while Jisoo met her girl friends and took their seats. They were on the opposite sides of the room but at least she knew he went to class, Jisoo thought.

"Park Chaeyoung and Park Jimin," the professor said as he was announcing the pairings for their subject.

Jimin's eyes searched the room until it landed on Rosé. He shot her a playful finger gun which startled the latter. Rosé gave him a tight smile.

"Ah, I hope it turns out well," she mumbled.

"He looks friendly," Jisoo assured her friend.

"Friendly?" Rosé paused and just remained smiling, "Hopefully," she silently added, her voice a little doubtful.