Chapter 6: Fears and Cowardice

Start from the beginning

Even if she cannot see him, Taehyung rolled his eyes automatically, "Worried my ass," he mumbled under his breath which she didn't hear.

After several floors, they reached a mossy door with a chain around it. It is not locked, it is just tied around the handle so others would think it is. He swiftly removed it and dropped it on the ground before pushing the creaking door open.

Jisoo bent down to pick the chains and properly put them aside. She stood again and was about to follow but Taehyung carelessly shoved it close. It almost got her hand. She gasped. Good thing, she caught it in time.

She quietly tailed on him. It was a bright afternoon that time. In a short distance, Taehyung is walking straight to the edge of the rooftop. Her steps were faster to catch up, heart thumping loudly with just the thought of him attempting such harm to himself again.

"You're not... Doing anything... Dangerous, right?" she asked hesitantly.

"What if I am?" he simply said and climbed to sit on the railings, taking out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket.

"Get off there!" she rushed to him and held his arm. Jisoo looked down below on how tall the building is, "I get agitated, you might fall," she said before looking at him again.

His eyebrow raised, "Better then," he dismissively said.

"Taehyung..." Jisoo concernly called his name. She pulled his arm gently, "Come on, you could take a rest in other places."

"No," he got out of her hold. Taehyung lit his cigarette, "Stop being so nosy. Just what do you get from it?" he said as he put it in his mouth.

"Smoking is bad," she said softly while looking at him.

"Oh?" he sarcastically asked, "Well, I'm bad," he pulled the stick and puffed the smoke right at her face. His eyes blank as he looks at her.

Jisoo coughed, waving her hands in the air to dissipate the smoke, "Stop it, you're not even a chimney," she said firmly, "Don't smoke," Jisoo grabbed the stick sharply and stomped on it.

His eyes darkened as he looked at the cigar she stepped on, "You're crossing lines," he said in a low tone.

"I'm sorry but... I'm just w-worried," Jisoo stuttered because of the intensity of his gaze

"Who told you to be?" he said harshly, "I hate repeating myself, do you know that?" his voice was threatening that it took a second for Jisoo to react.

"I told you to fuck off," he jumped back on the ground and took one step, "Why don't you get the hint?"

"Because... I... I want to be f-friends with you," she said and moved backwards. His aura is different, that she unconsciously put her defense high.

"Friends?" Taehyung laughed mockingly, "Stop joking," he shook his head, "I know you're a little unhinged but do you really think we could be friends? That's insanity already."

"Yeah... Y-you're not bad," she said as she continued backing away because he is now walking casually towards her. Even if he appears to be laid-back, his relaxed demeanor is a lot more menacing.

"Ah, so you do this because you're not scared?" he asked as if he made a good conclusion, "You really don't know me," he uttered while cornering her.

"I... I'm not s-scared," Jisoo gulped when she felt the cold wall behind her back. They were beside the entrance of the rooftop.

Taehyung stared at her, "Why stutter?" he smirked. His arm rested beside her head as he bent down a little so their faces were leveling one another.

"B-because... You're too serious," she answered while averting her eyes.