[3] Espio x reader~Under the cherry blossom tree

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I was taking a walk just to get some fresh air after being home all day and the winds gentle yet refreshing breeze felt nice. I was walking the path I take with my favorite cherry blossom tree and I noticed a figure sitting on the bench under the tree so I went to go see even though I was kinda hoping to be alone today...

I walked up and noticed it was Espio, my good friend of two years and the cool ninja of the chaotix group.

~Espio's POV~

I was about to open my lunch box I brought but then I noticed (Y/N) walking up to me so I moved to the side on the bench if she/he wanted to sit.

She's been my friend for a long time now and and she was always so kind to me, Vector and Charmy. I don't understand why she was so nice to us but I did appreciate it since we were always busy and she was the good part in our lives.

"Hello (Y/N), what brings you here?" I asked. "Oh hi Espio, it's a nice day today so I felt like going out. I'm guessing you have a day off hm?" She/he said with a calming tone. "Oh yes I do and I didn't feel like spending my day off with Vector and Charmy..." I cringed thinking of spending a whole day off with those guys I mean yeah they're my friends, but I want to relax too. I motioned for (Y/N) to sit next to me.

~Nobody's POV~

(Y/N) sat down next to him and gazed at the tree above them picking one of the leaves/flowers and placing one behind her ear. "Would you like some? I made too much rice balls for lunch so I wanted to save some." Espio asked him/her. She/he thanked him and ate the rice ball. "I-is it alright does it tase bad?" Espio asked worried she didn't like it.

(Y/N)'s face was glowing with satisfaction as she chewed the delectable food. "Espio this is amazing, How did you make this? I don't think I've tasted anything better, I absolutely love it!" She/he said as Espio sighed in relief that he didn't possibly kill her with his food. "I thought you wouldn't like it...heh. You can have more if you'd like? I don't mind sharing with you, after all you are my best friend." He handed her the lunch box as they shared the lunch together. The (animal type) finished the last rice ball and kissed Espio's cheek thanking him for sharing the lunch with her. Espio had a pink hue to his face making (Y/N) giggle softly and helped him pack his lunchbox away. "I really liked spending this time with you Es, thank you. I have to go before it gets dark so I'll text you later ok?" She/he said hugging Espio then waking along the path to head home. Espio too enjoyed his day off and started to head to the chaotix headquarters.

~Extended ending~

"CHARMY KNOCK IT OFF!? NOW WILL YOU JUST TELL ME WHERE YOU HID MY GLASSES!"
Vector exclaimed trying to catch Charmy who was zooming around the room laughing. "I'm not telling you! You are a detective aren't ya? Go look for it yourself!" Espio walked in and sighed, glad he wasn't here for they're nonsense.

"Oh hey Espio, where were ya? We went to go get pizza at city square you shoulda came with us." Vector told Espio who went to go to his room. "Well Vector if you really wanna know I was out with (Y/N)." Charmy and Vector looked at him giggling. "What are you and (Y/N) dating? You two would be such a cuuuuute couple!" Charmy said making the purple ninja blush. "W-WHAT I NEVER SAID THAT I DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!?" "Jeez calm down Espio it was just a joke..." Said Vector walking away from the scene that was about to go down.