Chapter 16: "Both"

Depuis le début

After all the classes ended, Guinevere and Granger met at the locker area.

"Can we go to a cafe outside the campus? I owe you last time." Granger offered Guinevere.

"How can I say no to food?" She replied.

The two went to the nearest coffee shop outside the campus.

"So?" Guinevere started the conversation as she noticed Granger fidgeting while eating his bagel.

"How did you explain what happened last week to Gusion?" He asked.

"C'mon, Granger. We're not here to talk about Gusion. What did you tell Alu?"

"I told him we talked about something personal and we thanked each other so we hugged. That idiot thought you opened up to me about Gusion."

"What the—?"

"It's not just me who thinks something is going on between the two of you, you know."

"There's nothing going on between me and Gusion, Granger. That's the truth. We're friends, just like how you and me are.

"I can see myself in you Athena. How you react when Gusion is around... How it felt confusing at first. You'll soon realize it, I'm sure of that."

"Whatever, Granger. So, are you planning to tell Alu the truth?"

"No. Never." His brows furrowed with sadness. "I'm not going to risk our friendship for a stupid feeling."

"Hey, it's not stupid. What if he feels the same for you?" Guinevere asked, she felt sad too seeing Granger's eyes.

"If you realize you are indeed in love with Gusion, would you confess to him?" Granger asked.

"I don't know. Maybe..."

"It's easier for you because Gusion is a guy and you are a girl, and it's imposible for him to reject you."

"I understand, Granger. I just think telling Alucard the truth won't ruin your friendship with him. He loves you so much. I can see that. I think he will never reject you. To be honest, I thought he was the one in love with you and not the other way around."

"That's only because I'm not good at showing my emotions."

"Exactly. What if he is just as afraid as you are because he has never seen a slight hint from you? Tell me you never noticed him blush when you do something for him."

Granger did not respond.

"Speaking of the devil." Guinevere sighed as she saw Alucard and Gusion entering the cafe.

"Did they know we're gonna be here?" She asked again. Granger shrugged.

Alucard approached them while Gusion went to the counter to order. "Hey hey! Asking for love advice again, Athena? You know I'm your guy too for that kind of stuff."

"Haha. Very funny, Alu. Don't worry Granger is all yours."

What a perfect comeback. Guinevere thought as she winked secretly at Granger. Alucard blushed and shut up. Gusion joined them a few minutes later holding a tray of iced coffee and pasta.

"Sorry guys, I told Alucard to find another table. Do you want anything, Athena?"

"No, thank you. I'm about to leave. See you later, guys!" Guinevere stood up.

"Wait, let me walk you home." Gusion grabbed his iced coffee and followed Guinevere. Alucard and Granger looked at each other as the two left. Alucard's face is still red.

"So... you and Granger have been hanging out more often recently huh." Gusion asked as he and Guinevere walked to her flat.

"Does that bother you?" She stopped walking and looked at Gusion.

Gusion was caught off guard by her question.

"No. Not at all. Bother is not the right term. More like, it's fine with me because Granger is our friend, but I don't know, I'm just not happy seeing you alone with other guys." He said while scratching the back of his head. He was going to explain further but was interrupted by Guinevere.

"Come here, Gusion Paxley."

She hugged him.

Gusion froze as he felt the warmth of her body on his chest. He slowly hugged her back.

Guinevere smiled and closed her eyes. It felt like home. It felt so perfect. The smell of his perfume was so addictive. She could feel his heartbeat echoing her heart that's jumping with happiness. She wanted to hug him tighter, she didn't want that moment to end.

"Feel any better now?" She asked.

Gusion nodded.

Guinevere released herself from the hug and looked at Gusion.

"Tell me, are you being overprotective? Or jealous?" She teased.

Gusion stared at her. His gaze melted her heart that's already going crazy for him.

"Both."

Gusion admitted, and then smiled.