"Hey." Reina teased, poking me in the cheek. "Why you look so grumpy?"

I hate that she has the ability to always make me smile.

"I'm not." I teased back. "I'm fine."

"Then get off your damn phone. I'm more important than that."

"The hell you are. I'm doing much better things on this."

Colby was fuming from across the room and I swear I got short of breath for a second when she laid down on the couch and put her head right onto my lap, looking up at me with a little smile like she always does except usually that's when she's about to give me head or something. I don't know why she's doing this right now but the weird thing is I really didn't want it to stop.

"Oh yeah?" She teased, moving her fingers up my chest. "All those other girls, hm?"

"So Reina." Colby interrupted us, winning a death stare from me. "Our team dinner's this Friday and we're all supposed to bring dates but nobody's said yes to going with me. I don't know if you'd be interested but I'd love if you could-"

"Aw of course Colby! How could a girl turn you down? You're too sweet."

Stupid Colby. He knew how to get a girl and I know damn well he hasn't asked one yet. He's using the sympathy card to get her to go with him and it worked but yet she didn't move from my lap. She continued to lie there while Colby seemed somewhat satisfied.

"Really? Wow, that's awesome. Thanks Reina, really."

Scott called Colby over to help with dinner and he gave me a look as if to say, I'm helping you out.

"You didn't tell me you were having a team dinner." She said, turning onto her side so she could look up at me.

"Why would I tell you that?"

"I don't know. I just thought we were friends now and all so I figured you'd bring it up at some point."

"We're friends that fuck Reina. We aren't actually best friends so I don't need to tell you every detail about my damn life."

For the first time ever, Reina actually seemed hurt and for whatever reason it felt like I got hurt too when I saw the look on her face. My dick-like comment made her move off of me, which was the last thing I wanted, and she stood up from the couch before she fixed her sweatshirt.

"I'm going to help with dinner." She muttered.

--------

So after dinner was over we were all in the living room watching a movie and fortunately for me Reina had no other option but to sit next to me on the couch again. I felt bad for what I said to her but it's almost like an instinct for me to push people away when I start to get close with them. Reina did something else to me that I wouldn't admit to anyone but it's not like I like her. She just has the ability to actually make me happy and not be such a dick. I don't know how she does that but she does and now she's clearly pissed at me because as the lights were turned off and the movie started up her arms were crossed over her chest and she never even looked towards me once.

"Hey." I whispered. "Reina."

She didn't respond.

"Reina." I hissed.

When she still didn't respond I pulled the blanket that was over her lap and dragged some onto me so we could be under it together and then she kind of gave me a confused glance out of the corner of her eye. I know she's mad at me and usually I don't give a shit if girls are mad at me but I'd be lying if I said I didn't somewhat care about Reina. I guess that does mean we're best friends somewhat and I don't want to lose the friendship we have just because of a stupid thing I said. I say a lot of stupid things.

"Come get a drink with me."

I didn't give her a chance to respond, I just stood up and walked into the kitchen and she let out a sigh, rising to her feet as well. Thankfully nobody really paid attention because they were too focused on the movie and when we were alone by the fridge where no one could see us I rolled my eyes at her at her arms still folded over her chest and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I didn't mean what I said Reina."

"Then why the hell did you say it?"

"Because I say a lot of stupid things and I'm sorry."

Then I pulled her in closer and kissed her lips without thinking because her face looked sad and that's when I knew all was forgiven because her hands came to the sides of my face and pulled me into her, my hands immediately finding their way to her ass like they always did. I couldn't help it.

"I've never had a best friend that's a girl before, okay?" I said. "It's just different for me."

"Best friends?" She asked, pulling away slightly. "Really?"

"Don't make me say it twice Reina."

I hardly ever speak about how I feel and she knew that because she just nodded her head and ran her fingertips down my chest. If she kept doing that I swear I'm going to take her right here on this damn countertop.

"Movie." She whispered. "Let's go watch."

It seemed like she forgave me so I nodded my head and tried to avoid the stares from my friends as I cleared my throat a little and sat back down onto the couch, Reina lying right down back onto my lap like earlier and pulling the blanket over her. A part of her shoulder was uncovered and why did I fix the blanket? I don't know but I pulled the damn blanket up to cover her shoulder and that made her pull my hand underneath the blanket so she could hold onto it. Nobody knew what she was doing and I couldn't even look at her right now. All I could do was just refocus my attention back on the television because I hated what was happening to my body right now. Like when you kind of have that falling in mid-air feeling happen in your stomach except I wasn't in mid-air. All she did was grab onto my damn hand.

A/N:

SOMEONES CATCHING FEEELINGSSSSSS :)))))

AH I LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER AND THIS STORY.

This story is currently #39 in fiction and that was with only four chapters posted.. I'm completely in shock and I have a LOT planned for this story. I hope you guys liked this chapter and you like how it's going because i'm completely in love with it!

I love you guys to the moon and back! Thank you so much for supporting me <3

Please comment and let me know what you thought because i love reading them :)

Twitter: @ believeeexoxo

Instagram: @ drxwsdeanna