Chapter 4

⦁⭒࿇⭒⦁

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

You wake up next to Spinel. You see her sleeping peacefully next to you and grinning. Her arms hold you tight, and you hold yours around her. You have the feeling that this will be a great day. Actually you want to get up now, but how do you do it best without waking Spinel? You gently take her arms, put them by her side and stand up. But before you stand up, you feel that something is holding your wrist. You turn to her. "Where are you going?" she asks you. "I'm going to get ready." You smile at her. Drowsily, Spinel is rubbing her eyes. "Only if you come back!" You answer, "Sure, just like yesterday." Then you get ready. You may not be able to think of the plan that day. Should be possible, right? After all, you want to spend time with your new friends, since you never had any real friends back home. You leave the bathroom with a smile on your face and see that Spinel is ready to go. You ask Spinel:"Can we go?" though you already suspect the answer. "Of course." she answers you, taking your hand before you leave the room. The relationship you have with this gem, in this short time, is very special to you. Why does it mean so much to you already? Why are you so happy that she spent the night with you and now takes your hand? Others would probably be annoyed by her now.

Together you go to the baker to get bread. At the bakery you meet Steven and the other gems. Steven welcomes you: "Good morning! Did everything go well for you?" You smile and say, "Yes, everything went fine." Steven: "Okay, I'm glad! Would you like to go to the beach concert later?" You look at Spinel to see her reaction. She nods her head with a grin. You answer Steven: "We'd love to come!", "Great, see you then!" Then you say your goodbyes.

𝙰𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚝

You're really looking forward to the concert. You've never been to one, and you're finally getting to know your new friends better. There's a girl playing a song. Steven explains it's Sadie. She's short, has blonde hair and her tips are dyed green. "She can sing really well!" You comment in amazement. Steven nods with a grin. "That's right! At first she was insecure and didn't dare sing in front of others. But now she's a well-known singer." You two talk a bit more together. Meanwhile, Spinel feels left out. Her thoughts are something like: You like Steven more than her. What happens now? Are you gonna leave her alone?
Spinel is about to leave, she just want to be alone. Maybe, she's not so good at making friends? But somehow you're worth more to her than that. You mean more to her than Pink Diamond. And why? She doesn't even know you that well. You were about to turn to Spinel to ask her if she wanted a drink, but Spinel isn't there anymore. You see her squeezing through the crowd. "One moment, Steven...  I'll be right back." Confused, you follow Spinel and try to call off the pink gem. But she can't seem to hear you. At the exit, there are no people. Again you call out after her.  "Spinel!" She turns around. "What, (Y/N)?" Her look is so unemotional, but still there is sadness in her. "What's wrong? Where are you going?" You look at her with concern. "Just wanna leave. No one wants me here." You shake your head. "No, what makes you think that? I came here with you.","But I guess Steven's better, isn't he?","Huh? Ohhh! No, Spinel. No one can replace you. Trust me. I wanna meet the others too, but I'm not gonna let you down, okay? You're my number one!" You look at her smiling. The pink gem avoids the gaze and looks down. "Really? How do I know you're telling the truth? That you won't leave me alone?","I guess you'll just have to trust and believe me. After all, I'm not Pink Diamond." Spinel smiles insecurely and nods."Okay..." Together you go back.

⦁⭒࿇⭒⦁