"IGNNNNISS!"

He called out loudly, but all that that returned to him was the echo.

He looked down the cliff. Up to a certain extent, the mountain rocks were visible but below them, all that came in sight was the canopy of the trees and darkness caused by them.

"Ignis...Ignis....she might be hurt. She might be in pain. I have to go. I have to find her. She needs me." Elio said to himself while turning back. He safely kept the pendant and the paper, without reading it, in the pocket of his jacket. Maybe Ignis would ask for them later. He thought.

He was desperately in search of the hope that was long lost already.

He was shattered. He was in pieces. Ignorance would only let him escape from the reality for sometime. Eventually after this, he would have to face a truth which would change him forever; a truth so indomitable and harsh than the present situation that it could possibly ruin Elio if he dared to go against it.

_____________________________

Few weeks later...

Elio

"I will sing the song that we used to sing a lot earlier .The song that became ours. "

"As you say, Your Highness!"

Say you'll see me again
Even if it's just in your
Wildest dreams"
.
.
.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being in my life, for making the world a more bearable place to live in. Thank you for everything."
.
.
.

You wanna go away from me?"

"You never know. We have high dreams, thinking of doing this and that, but in reality, I guess, Life has got other plans for us."
.
.
.

Say you'll see me again
Even if it's just in your
Wildest dreams"
.
.
.

What if I had actually fallen off the cliff, Elio?"

"What?!"

"I mean if you weren't here, I would have slipped down to my death."

The mountains look beautiful. It would be a blessing to die here. What more could I wish for than this?"
.
.
.

Ignis took Elio's hands in hers and softly said,"I know we had promised not to leave each other, but...but I have to go away from you. There's no way back now."

And then,like the air, Ignis started to fade away.

Goodbye Elio.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

I sat up on my bed, sweating profusely as I looked around myself. It was dark but I could figure out that I was in my room.

Nightmare.
Another nightmare.
Another fucking nightmare!

I took up the bottle kept on my night stand and chugged down some water to my heart's content, as my throat desperately cried for it.

My body felt hot suddenly, evident from the fact that anger was burning me from inside.

My glance fell on the frame on the night stand that was visible in the light entering from the window.I felt another wave of frustration surging up. And without thinking twice, I shoved it away. The frame fell on the ground and the glass cracked, distorting the image of Ignis inside it. Not sparing a second glance at it, I got up from the bed and started pacing around my room.