• Chapter Thirteen •

Neil's Pov -

"Mom, I will never forgive myself for what I did with her. She was in pain because of me. I shouldn't have left her alone. I'm a bad husband. My avi , she's in pain. It's all my fault. " I sobbed hard clutching into my mom arms.

"Neil, it wasn't your fault. Stop crying. Nothing will happen to her and baby." Mom tried to console me but how can I not worry when my life is crying, screaming with pain in operation theatre.

Avi got labour pain as soon as I left her. It was all my fault that I left her abruptly. I should have been with her that time consoling her in my arms but I wasn't. Instead I ran away from her . But her sudden scream made me alert and afraid. Panicking ,when I went to our room , avi was on floor crying by clutching her belly.

I was scared. Immediately we took her to hospital where doctor's told us Avi's water broke and it was an emergency and they won't allow me inside. My heart sank when avi cried clutching my hands to come inside with her, she wanted me with her while delivering baby I promised her too but now  I broke it.

Soon after few minutes, I was heartbroken, when I saw the CCTV footage of our room in my phone. I installed it for the safety of my avi.  The time I left her, Avi was on floor because she didn't get anything  to hold on or to support herself. She couldn't bear the pain and slid on floor clutching her belly. My heart sank realising how bad I was, I left my wife in a miserable condition.

"Mom, I will kill myself if something happens to them. I will die. It's my fault that I didn't understood her from the beginning. She hid so much pain in her heart and I didn't even realize it. I made her cry, and because of me she is in pain. If I didn't left her she wouldn't have been on the floor crying. " I cried out. My eyes hurt from the constant crying. It had been an hour since they took avi inside for labour.  I remember avi begged me to come inside with her, she clutched into my wrist pulling me inside but doctors they refused me and didn't allow me inside making her cry more and I felt my heart sank watching her in such a terrible condition.

"I shouldn't have made her pregnant. It's all my fault. I'm bad. They didn't even allow me inside. She must be so much pain. " I sobbed ,tears rolled down my cheeks remembering her heart wrenching screams.

"Neil stop. It's not your fault " Neela ma said.

I looked at her with teary eyes.

"I'm sorry neela ma, I failed to take care of your daughter. " I cried hiding my face in my palms.

Few minutes later she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Nothing will happen to her and you're the best husband in the world understand? " she said patting my back.

"No, I'm not. I made her go through all the pain. " I hiccuped and cried

Neela Ma and mom looked at each other and sighed.

****

"How's my wife avni? Is she fine? Nothing happened to her right? " I asked impatiently as the doctor came out from the room.

"Congrats Mr. Neil. You have a girl. " Doctor says smiling.

A bright smile formed on my face as soon as I heard that. My heart joyed with happiness. My baby , our baby we made her, I'm a father now.

But soon my smile faded remembering my love avi.

"Avni? She is fine right? " I asked crying. My heart is aching from the time they took her inside. They even didn't let me see her.

"She is unconscious and under observation. she's very week as she has lost a lot of blood. Dont worry she'd fine. " doctor replied.

I sighed a huge relief but I felt my self crying again. She isn't conscious means she didn't saw our baby.