|17| winter masquerade

Start from the beginning

He walked out and his fingers fumbled with his shirt as he waited for jimin and yeosangs approval. They both looked at him flabbergasted and he became shy, eyes darting elsehwhere.

"s-stop staring." he mumbled.

"you're so pretty!" jimin squealed and yeosang nodded again because jimin was holding down lipstick on his lips that were clamped shut together.

Taehyung smiled and sat on the bed, looking in the mirror. He examined his face, he wasnt a big fan of makeup and he didnt really own any despite jimin bringing his own.

"i dont wanna wear makeup jiminie." taehyung told him.

Jimin looked at him with a slight glare before it faltered. "thats okay tae." he smiled.

Yeosang scoffed and looked at him. "oh so when i say i dont want to you just force me down on the floor huh?"

"shut up you need it." jimin stuck his tongue out at him.

Yeosang gasped and grabbed the lipstick, swiping it across jimins nose who looked at him offended.

"thats what you deserve." yeosang also stuck his tongue out teasingly.

"right thats it. Im totally caking your face now." jimin threatened as he moved closer to yeosang with his brush who ran out of the door.

Taehyung giggled and shook his head at the playful two. He grabbed a brush and ran it through his hair gently, combing the soft blonde strands and also fixed his fringe a little. He then grabbed a cherry flavoured lip balm which was a nice dark pink colour and put it on, making his lips more shiny and red.

He smiled at himself happy at his appearance even though he didnt do much.

Jungkook view

Jisung and Jungkook arrived back with the masks and the first thing they walked in on was jimin hovering over yeosang on the couch as he tried to put powder all over the boys face as he kept on squirming. The two boys just looked at them blankly and walked off in to the kitchen.

Then taehyung came running down the stairs and into the kitchen. "do you have my mask hyungie?" he asked excitedly. He was about to clap his hands like a child until he saw Jungkook was here too.

Taehyung stopped. "o-oh Jungkook." he said bashfully, looking away embarrassed. Jungkook was just staring at him, forgetting about his cuteness for a moment as he took in the angelic beauty of taehyung wearing that beautiful white outfit.

Jungkooks face was blank and his eyes raked over taehyungs frame. He gulped visibly, finding the boy standing before him so so attractive and stunning, white making him look like an angel.

"you...you look-wow." jungkook just breathed out, at a loss for words.

Taehyung ducked his head shyly, fingers nervously fumbling together. He looked at jungkook. "t-thank you." He mumbled.

"damn baby bro, cant remember the last time you wore that." jisung said in amazement.

Jimin and yeosang finally stopped fighting on the couch and they came into the kitchen. "what time shall we be there?" yeosang asked.

"in an hour. You still need to change." jisung replied.

Jimin and yeosang went home to get ready meanwhile taehyung asked for his mask to try it on.

"here, i think it'll go well." jisung handed taehyung his white mask. Taehyung curiously put it on.

"how does it look?" taehyung asked.

"perfect." jisung winked as he chuckled.

"you're still not coming jungkook?" jisung asked.

"no." he shook his head, scrolling mindlessly on his phone. Taehyung pouted from his answer.

"taehyung just wait, all the guys and girls will want to dance with you." jisung told him, hidden tone in his voice.

Immediately jungkooks head snapped up and he wasnt on his phone. He was glaring at jisung for saying that knowing fully well he liked the younger boy. Taehyung laughed nervously, then walked off upstairs.

"yeah its not like i dont like him or anything." jungkook rolled his eyes and his tongue was pressed against his inner cheek.

Jisung smirked. "come to the ball." he shrugged and went off to watch tv leaving jungkook alone.

He looked at his mask again but then just sighed and joined jisung on the couch.

---

AT THE BALL.

"jimin this house is mega huge." yeosang said in awe as he gazed around the front of the house.

"just wait until you see the hall." jimin smiled excitedly.

Loud music was playing in the background and the park family even had their own bar which everyone crowded around to fulfil their thirst. It was like a massive sea of just grey, black and white yet despite the neutral dull colours It looked like a multicoloured ocean of happiness. Everyone was smiling and having fun as they mingled and talked with one another.

There was a flight of stairs you had to go down in order to be in the ball room and It was open so everyone could see if you were entering or leaving. Taehyung was stood with yeosang and jisung (jimin went off with his cousin somewhere) and he looked down at everything with gleaming eyes that stood out due to his mask.

"lets go have some fun!" jisung yelled as he hurriedly ran down the stairs.

Yeosang grabbed Taehyungs hand, smiling at him as they went to join in too.

An hour later loud music was still playing, very upbeat and taehyung was dancing a little with yeosang. They had a few things to eat and also went to the photobooth to take some pictures yet they still hadnt danced.

"this is so fun!" yeosang exclaimed, laughing. He was holding taehyungs hand as they both danced.

"you're right." taehyung laughed, feeling extremely happy as he got twirled around by yeosang.

But then his eyes landed on a tall figure that was standing on the stairs. The person had their mask on and taehyung thought the figure looked recognisable but he couldnt see the mans face properly.

His eyes squinted as he recognised the persons lips and nose. And he realised the man was looking right at him."jungkook?" he muttered to himself.

Jungkook view

An hour after all of them left, jungkook decided to go to the ball after all. He was going because of taehyung only, he just wanted to see the boy dance in his beautiful attire. He just wanted to be with him. So he hurriedly got ready, slipped on his mask and rushed out the door.

Now he was standing on the huge stairs, eyes roaming the crowd for a particular boy. Alot of people were wearing white and It didnt help that they all had similar masks too.

But this was taehyung and jungkook could recognise him in a heart beat. His eyes landed on the stunning boy who was dancing happily, beautiful smile adorning his features. He saw how the boy stopped his movements and looked right at him.

Even with the huge crowd of dancing people inbetween them, their eyes remained locked together.

Then jungkook was slowly walking towards taehyung.

/////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////

Have you baked anything during quarantine?