Home For My Heart

~ A Year Later ~

*Shyra's POV*

"I miss you!"

"I miss you too." Rahul said, giving me a flying kiss.

"It's our first anniversary today, and you're not even here!" I huffed.

He chuckled at my annoyed face.

"Yeah sorry, I had a match to play this morning." He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes in the process.

"But you could've come down to Glasgow after it! You're in England, not in India." I told him.

"Sorry but my wife has a show tonight, and she's really busy. I don't think she can spare me some time." He said.

"Well, if you were here, she would've, after wrapping up the show." This time I rolled my eyes.

"You look really cute when you're angry." He smirked.

"I'm ending the video call right now." I chuckled.

"Okay okay, sorry." He laughed.

"But I really miss you." I said in much annoyance.

"What do you want me to do?" He laughed.

"I don't know? Fly down to Glasgow? Surprise me?" I laughed along. He shook his head, smiling.

"When does your show start?" He asked.

"In another hour." I told him.

"So are you coming?" I asked him, again.

"Shut up." He laughed.

"Ah! Rahul!" I groaned.

"Okay, I need to go now, we're having a team meeting. Will call you once it's done, okay?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Bye, I love you, and all the best." He smiled.

"Thank you, and I love you too! Bye."

So saying, I hung up. I was all ready for my show tonight. Last time I performed in Glasgow, I cried. I'm going to be performing at the same place today.

The SSE Hydro.

My make up, dress up, everything was done. I still had another hour to cut. Eating my sandwich, I went through mine and Rahul's pictures.

Our marriage pictures.

I smiled, looking at myself dressed up as a South Indian bride. I always wanted a typical South Indian marriage. And with that done, I've finally striked everything off my wish list.

Smiling even wider, I saw the next picture. Rahul was tieing the mangalsutr around my neck.

I don't wear the mangalsutr and vermilion often, it's just the ring on my finger.

I locked my phone and kept it on the table. It's been a year already.

A year since I got married to Rahul.

*

"When I'm all choked up
But I can't find the words
Every time we say goodbye
Baby, it hurts
When the sun goes down
And the band won't play
I'll always remember us this way, oh, yeah

When you look at me
And the whole world fades
I'll always remember us this way"

I ended, smiling when the arena erupted into cheers.

"You know, last time while singing the same song, in the same arena, I cried." I said, chuckling.

"And now look at me." I continued. People screamed even louder.

"Okay, so before we move on with the next song......" I started.

The crowd eagerly waiting for me to continue.

"It's my anniversary today," I chuckled.

And again, the arena erupted into cheers. A louder one, this time.

"and it's been one hell of a rollercoaster ride. It's been a year already since I got married to the love of my life. Wow." I said.

Some people in the crowd went 'awww' while most of them cheered loudly.

"Yeah." I laughed.

"And all I want to tell you guys is, if you really love someone, then fight for their love. Letting go isn't an option. I learned it the hard way. Don't let silly mistakes or any sort of misunderstandings ruin the beautiful relationship you and your partner share." I continued.

"Not everytime, you find someone who loves you like there's no tomorrow. Not everytime you'll find someone who can become the home for your heart." I smiled.

"Yeah, ending up the emo part," I chuckled, and the crowd screamed.

"I really want to thank all of you. Thank you so much for coming here. Thank you for giving me some precious hours of your life." I smiled.

"I love you guys." I said, making people go crazy.

"Okay, so the last song, isn't my song. It's a cover." I started.

"Well, I want to dedicate this song to all you beautiful people. Also, it's for a special person in my life, who had my back through out. Babe, I love you, and a very happy anniversary. This one's for you." I ended.

The crowd screamed louder when the tune for 'A Thousand Years' started.

"I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more"

I began with the first verse of the chorus, going back to singing the first verse of the song. But before I could even start singing, the crowd went a lot more crazier than it should have.

Suddenly, a pair of hands covered my eyes. I touched the fingers, and turned around.

It was Rahul.

"The day we met
Frozen I held my breath."

I sang looking at him.

Surprise was an understatement.

He whispered, "Happy Anniversary, love." in my ear, while I sang the next lines.

"Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a"

I couldn't complete my line as he kissed me.

But the crowd did because they knew what exactly I had found.

"home for my heart"

------------------

HELLO GUYS!

SO THIS WAS THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK.

I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED READING THIS BOOK.

Well, 'Home For My Heart' is officially completed, and there'll be no sequel to it.

Thank you for reading it!

If you haven't voted for any chapter, please go vote now.

Also, do vote for this chapter!

Until next time♡