-----

3rd POV

"Human trafficking?" Don ask in disbelief.

"Yeah, all of our siblings that left here so far have been sold off to these bad guys," Emma answered.

...

Don burst out laughing. "I was worried that you're gonna tell us something really bad from the looks of your faces...but this?! No friggin way!"

"Don...just think for a moment about the gate and the fence surrounding us...and how none of our siblings that already left have sent us any letters," Norman retold.

"Good one! So what's the punch line?! Is this the setting of the new game we're playing?" Don continue to laugh. 

As he notice the silence, he stopped. "...huh?! Wait, hold up! Y'all kidding right?"

"Nope," this time, Ray answered.

"Then...what about Mama?"

"She's the one who's been selling our siblings off," Emma answered.

"What?! Quit joking around! Drop it already! What the hell...there's no way! Emma, apologize now!"

"Don," Gilda weakly cuts in. "I don't think Emma would lie something about this. She loves our family and Mama too much. Also, I've been feeling like you all have been acting weird lately. That night, when Emma and Norman went to the gate and came back..."

"What?" Don muttered.

"...usually, you two would always come clean by telling the truth to Mama if you ever broke one of the house rules, and yet......Not only did you guys not apologize...but you both even told me to keep quiet about the fact that you left at all!"

"Yes, I could remember that too." Iris confirmed as she remembered one time when Norman told them not to tell anyone. She noticed Gilda trying to stop her tears so she continued, "Mama even gave us chores as if a punishment for doing something bad. You guys frequently disappear too and I once notice you guys conversing seriously."

"It kept getting harder and harder to ask you what happened and...hngg!" Gilda finally bursted to tears. Emma started to comfort her.

"Oh Gilda...I'm so sorry..."

"Emma, did you see...Conny getting sold off to the bad guys ?" Gilda ask as she sobs.

"Yes, but we didn't make it in time." Norman answered.

"Wait a minute...could it be that Conny..." Don muttered then he look at Norman. "She's okay...right?! She's safe right?!"

"We don't know," he answered.

And yet, something's bothering a certain someone...

Ray narrows his eyes at Norman. Why are you-

"No...what the...Lets escape this house and save Conny!" Don said in determination.

"Let's all escape together!" Emma responded.

"I'm not sure if this will help us sound a little more credible...but these are the scores of all of our sibling that left. Ray and I looked them up over the past few days."

""Scores?"" Both Don and Gilda said as Iris holds the paper. The two both beside her.

"This is all second-hand information...and we don't know what happened to all the siblings that left. But it's clear that after the age of 6, they all left this place in score order. Lowest to highest. Strange, isn't it?" Norman stated.