Chapter 5

Emma's POV

There are 9 cribs in Mama's room and each have babies in. They aged from 1-2 year olds tucked warmly in bed and woken up by Mama.

There are questionable rules in the house. But for some reasons, the only ones allowed to enter her room to help the toddlers bath and get changed, are the eldest girls in the house.

Iris lead the way towards the room, holding few needed items and open the door.

The three of us; Me, Iris and Gilda, started to bath the toddlers and get them change their clothes. Me, in charge of Carol.

I'll definitely inspect Carol and discover some new, useful information. I've got to hurry up and find those trackers.

But...why can't I find a single scratch anywhere on her body? There's gotta be something I'm missing here. I can't give up here! 

Think!! That's what Norman and Ray would do in my shoes.

'Observe. Analyze.' 

If its this hard to find a mark, that's probably how small the tracker is.

'Read the enemy.' 

The enemy's point of view...the enemy...the farm...mama...ah! Even those demons must have likes and dislikes...they probably wouldn't eat the trackers with us, right?

That means they must be removing them before the shipping process or something. In other words, the trackers must be hidden in a spot where they can easily be removed even after a huge growth spurt!

But where exactly?! Think Emma! There has to be a place.

"You're really good with babies, Emma," I can hear Gilda say. "Just look at Carol! You can tell she already loves you."

Somewhere within my vision...

"...Emma, I've...been wanting to ask you something..."

...Iris kept silent as she tuck a strand of hair behind the left ear of the baby she was taking care of...

That's it! If I remember correctly...

"On that night, w-- Emma?"

I lay Carol down in her crib and inspect her back ear. Is this it? There is a scar in here. This is where Mama told us...

I can see the two look at each other then back to me, curiously looking of what I've been doing.

"Huh? What's that? A bug bite?" Gilda asked.

"This...is a needle mark. From the blood test doctors perform on us before we come here. To make sure that we're all healthy," I said. That's what they told us the reason about it. "I just remembered Mama saying that a long time ago."

I then rub my hand on her ear. 

This is it! A needle mark? That's a complete lie! So the trackers were embedded inside of our ears!

Still...it's a lot smaller than any of us have anticipated. I can barely feel it at all inside of my 11 year old ears. If I hadn't checked Carol, I wouldn't notice it at all...!

"It doesn't look like a needle mark..." I heard Iris mutter. 

I gulp.