"Maybe I do." I stare into his eyes, his lips parting slightly as he undoubtedly realizes what I mean.

I feel that maybe he'd want to talk. Maybe after hearing what I have to say, he'll feel better. Maybe I could make him less angry. His expression tells me I'm getting to him, but any hopes are cut off when the front door swings open and Max walks in with a bag of groceries and a carton of milk.

"Liz! You're early." She sees me sitting in the arm chair, and then her eyes trail to Billy, "What's going on?"

"Nothing." Billy immediately shrugs, dropping the ice pack to his side, "I was just telling Harrington not to track anymore of her bullshit into the house."

I see the way things are, and I know I have to play along so as to not raise suspicion.

"And I was just telling dear old Billiam that I've taken shits that look nicer than him."

She laughs and shakes her head, putting the groceries on the counter as Billy slips out of the room.

"You, sir, have a death wish." She enters the living room as I stand up and walk over.

"That's what they say about me." I shrug, throwing on a fake smile but not quite able to get Billy's conflicted expression out of my head.

*****

"Are we sure this is a good idea?" I whisper to Mike as we sneak in the back door of Dustin's house via the key under the mat that it seems everyone knows about.

"Really? You're talking to us about bad ideas?" He scoffs, "Weren't you the one that decided that sneaking into the museum at past midnight in order to take a photo with the stuffed ape exhibit was a good idea?"

"Hey," I whisper harshly back, "that was a good idea, I don't care what Hopper said during his hour lecture. Besides, you were the ones who came along."

"And what are you doing right now?" Mike smirks.

I roll my eyes and grumble, "Coming along."

It was actually Max and Lucas's idea to sneak into Dustin's house and surprise him. I have a feeling it'll end poorly, but I'm too excited to see Dustin to really care. Yes, I miss him. Even though he's hard to deal with, it's even harder with him not being here to laugh at stupid stuff with.

Will is the last through the door, and he closes it gently, tiptoeing to join the rest of the gang. I can hear the engine of Dustin's car pulling into the driveway, and we all hide behind the wall of the living room as the front door is opened and Dustin enters with his mother.

"I'm sure they're all just busy doing their own thing," Mrs Henderson is saying, "they haven't forgotten you, sweetie."

I snicker, and Max hits me in the stomach.

"Shut up."

"Sorry. I can't help laughing at Dustin's misfortune." I grin, "I'm only human, after all."

She rolls her eyes in response as Will stifles a smile, and we all inch towards the corner as our plan goes into play. We wait for Dustin to enter his room before Mike nudges El.

"Okay, go."

Eleven nods, closing her eyes and frowning slightly. I can hear whirring coming from behind the wall and in Dustin's room.

It's only a matter of time before El has all of his toys headed towards the living room, Dustin in tow.

"It's just a dream. You're dreaming," I can hear him whisper to himself, and I almost laugh out loud, a light snort escaping my lips that provokes Max to elbow me again.