10 | Not Supposed to Fall

Start bij het begin

Minji puffs her cheeks, shrugging unknowingly.

Everyone is pretty down. Jungkook figures they are not having a meeting.

"Anyway, we called you in," Yoongi raises his head, distractedly speaking to the air. "But your business is not with us. And I'd say we're running late," he turns to the girls. "Who is taking him?"

"I'll do it," offers Ae Cha before Minji has to move from her spot. She passes a grateful thumbs-up at Ae Cha who smiles at her and walks to Jungkook. "Come on, hustla. Got people to meet."

Jungkook clicks his head forward questioningly, shifting his butt on the corner of the table where he is leaned. "Who? What?"

Ae Cha shows him a toothy smile, squeezing his shoulder. Jungkook winces.

"Don't be late! We got a new client later!" Yoongi calls after them as she drags Jungkook out of the room with an unexplainable power, the door clicking shut behind them to muffle Jin's wishes of luck into the sounds of their feet shuffling in the hallway.

"Where are we going?!"

She doesn't answer until they are out of the building, skipping on the grass and soaking in the sun that shines into her skin. Jungkook always wondered how she manages to switch emotional states so abruptly, but never took enough interest to ask. She was just the nerdy weird girl to him. Still is, honestly.

"So you are a mascot. You have to accept the fact like your identity," she says hopping backwards, the colorful string wraps on her hair bouncing along.

Jungkook makes a face. "I already do."

She claps her hands and pauses her steps unexpectedly, right in front of Jungkook's face in an eyeblink. Jungkook watches her cross-eyed. "Good. Next thing you have to do is dance. Because that's what mascots do!"

Jungkook blinks. "I don't... I don't dance, I don't know how to."

She makes out a laughing breath. "Which is why we are making you meet the experts. Be a gentlemen, because your coaches very well appreciate graceful treatment."

Just like that Jungkook finds himself staring at the bunch of grouped cheerleaders on the huge basketball field on campus. The sun is out, sure, but the weather is still not as hot as a skirt apparel would require, yet these girls (and two guys) are jumping up and down through their exercise routine, dressed in black and white knee-length skirts and sleeveless shirts.

Literal chills.

Jungkook and Ae Cha's presence doesn't much affect the group's groove, except for the long-haired brunette who leads the dance practice - eyes hooked on them as she jumps through some energetic moves, a secure smile on her lips. Jungkook shrieks when Ae Cha starts dragging him by the arm, and thanks to her emotion now he is face-to-face with an overconfident cheerleader chewing over him and refusing to unhook her hand from her hip.

"Hi, Yong-sun!" Ae Cha greets. "How's practice going?"

Yong-sun smiles wide and bright, glancing slightly at the team resuming the routine at the background. "We're caught up. This season will be great!"

"So this is our guy," Ae Cha puts one hand on Yong-sun's shoulder and the other on Jungkook's. "He is Jungkook."

Yong-sun bows her head upon which Jungkook follows, common sign of curtesy between the parties. Jungkook notices that she is exceptionally elegant; she must have easily crushed all the other candidates with her perfect fit to the beauty standards of the Korean woman.

"Nice to meet you, Jungkook. I'm the cheerleading team's captain, Yong-sun, but you can call me Solar if you'd like," she says amiably, never letting go of her smile. Jungkook wonders if that's the persona she has to take on as a cheerleading protocol or whether she actually is a very much smiley person on the daily.