"Hi girl wha–are you crying? " I heard Tiana say as she walked in. I touched my cheeks feeling wetness on them and I instantly started balling my eyes out.
Tiana quickly pulled me to herself to comfort me.

"Come on Lu, you're supposed to be happy. Today is your big day. What's wrong"

"Things just don't feel right" I sniffed and collected the tissue Pam handed me as she walked in and softly rubbed on my back.

"Jah has been distant. He ain't even here yet. I just have this feeling that something bad is gonna happen today. I don't feel the happiness I thought I was gonna feel when I finally open my business. I've put in so much and I just want today to be perfect, Jamari–"

"Alright, alright baby calm down" Pam cut me off as she and Tiana made me sit.

"Babe! " Tiana called for Rameek.

He walked in with a plate of cupcakes stuffing his face.

"Yoo Luna. You sure do have a gift. Damn." He mumbled as he rushed the cupcakes.
I sent a small appreciative smile his way.

"Boy grow up. This place ain't even opened yet and you're already being greedy. Tuh, please go get some water for Luna. She needs to calm down"

"Shut up baby. You good Lu?" Rameek asked as he put some frosting on Tiana's nose before kissing it off, earning him a slap on the back of his head.

"I'm fine" I chucked at his foolishness. He nodded and went to get me my water.

"You know sis, I know Jamari has been acting up and all. Believe me, its affected our relationship as siblings, but I want you to know that he loves you. Better believe that."

"Exactly." Pam took my water and gulped it down in few seconds. "I just think y'all just need to talk. Communication saves you a lot of stress"

I nodded to what they both said. Taking deep breaths. I felt better. I was gonna make sure Jamari and I have this talk. Whether he likes it or not.

"Alright Luna. Its time. Jamari just drove in" Kira came in to let me know.

"Alright business owner, cheer up" Pam held my face in both palms.
I hugged them both tightly. They were great friends. Always.

I retouched my make up and adjusted my gown.
"Alright. Better let em know I run this bitch"

*Jamari*

Janice's babbling kept irritating the fuck outta me

Janice's babbling kept irritating the fuck outta me. Keep quiet for a few minutes damn.
Anything that doesn't have to do with leads on my mothers mysterious disappearance is really not my business. I don't wanna crack jokes with her, I don't wanna know if she breathing irregular breaths today, I don't wanna know shit.

A lot has been eating me up. I keep blaming myself for not being able to meet her. Maybe my dad was right. I probably am the problem.
I feel myself sinking into another hole of depression.