Chapter 45: Going Home

Sistine's POV:

"It's started..." Ray uttered, making me turn to him with wide eyes. "Norman's attack...! He already started it...!!"

Already...!? We just got here... First, the kingdom's army is searching for our hideout, and now Norman's trying to kill everyone!? WHAT THE HELL!?

I'm so gonna slap that guy. I don't care if he redeems himself in the end or not. That guy's getting a slap as bad as Emma's slap mark on Ray's face.

Ugh, whatever. That doesn't matter right now.

The moment I turn to them, I already see them with Don and Gilda, who seem to have rushed here as well. So that means...!

"Ayshe!" I exclaim, rushing over to tackle-hug her immediately after she's introduced to Emma. She lets out an amused giggle and hugs back, squeezing me. I hear Emma snicker behind us, while Gilda shrieks in shock or confusion.

So she didn't talk to them that much...

"Someone's been looking for you," Don tells me, nudging his head towards his side. As I let go of Ayshe, I turn to that direction and find familiar blue eyes and dark hair...

"Missed me?" The boy asks, holding his arms out to welcome me. My legs moving on their own, I run as fast as I can and fall into his arms, hugging him and nuzzling his chest. It rumbles a little bit as he softly laughs and pets my head. "Good to see you again, Sistine... I literally missed the Tifari for you. You better be thankful."

"Don't worry, we're planning to save the world," I assure him, turning to the others. Everyone seems to have an amused smirk on their faces, making my smile drop to a suspicious look. "What?"

Ray speaks up first, his smirk widening. "Is that your boyfriend?" He asks, walking over to him and eyeing him up and down. "He looks an awful lot like Francis. Does that have something to do with it?"

"Don't call him my boyfriend unless you want an identical slap mark on your other cheek," I shoot back, shooting him a piercing glare. Genesis seems to snicker in amusement, but I decide to leave them to their shenanigans. I catch a glimpse of the two other entities with us. "Who are they?" I ask, turning to Genesis.

Genesis knowingly looks at the taller one before turning to me and answering, "These are Sonju and Mujika. They're part of the cursed blood."

"No way!" I exclaim. I was about to rush over to them, but it seems that Emma and the female entity are having their moment. "Are you serious!?" I whisper to him excitedly, to which the boy nods. "That's so cool..."

Genesis looks at the group with a small smile before turning to me and asking, "Well? You ready to go?"

Not wanting to disturb them, I gently nudge Ray, whispering, "I'm heading off to Grace Field, just to keep guard over there." Ray nods in understanding. "Sorry that I won't be able to fight."

"It's fine," Ray reassures, ruffling my hair. "You're not supposed to be fighting. We'll all get killed if you do." I wheeze out a laugh, making him smile. "Go ahead."

"Win this for me," I tell him, holding the hand on my head. "At all costs, make sure that Emma gets to talk to Norman."

With one final nod of understanding from Ray, I rush off with Genesis to Grace Field House by horse. With the horse being controlled by his original owner, it goes twice as fast as before. Knowing that Genesis can be identified easily by the other entities, I let him stay on guard. I manage to enter the plantation without getting caught. But unfortunately...

... Mr. Drug dealer is there. And so is Mama, who is now Grandmother Isabella.

"I'm surprised that you didn't come to the Tifari. Of all people, I expected at least one of you to be there," I comment, making both adults flinch and turn to me. "Pleased to see you two again."

Mama looks overjoyed to see me. Honestly, if she wasn't under surveillance, I could tell she would have rushed over to hug me. After all, we haven't seen each other for two years. Peter Ratri, however...

... His eyes are filled with nothing but rage and horror.

"You..." He mutters. "... Everyone told me you were dead...!"

I look down at my boots and leggings, then lift my head back up to meet his gaze. "Do I look dead to you, Mister Ratri?"

The man, realizing his character break, instantly fakes a smile and shakes his head. "Of course not, your highness. In fact, it's a pleasure to see you again. Because now...

His eyes darken. "I can do this."

With a snap of his fingers, I am apprehended from behind, to which I flinch in surprise. However, I understand the situation immediately. "I see," I respond calmly. "So I'm switching sides again, huh? Where do you plan on taking me this time? To your drugged science lab?"

I let out a gasp upon realizing something. "Oh wait! That blew up two years ago!" I exclaim, chuckling and shaking my head. "Silly me, how could I forget?"

In an instant, I get kicked in the forehead, causing my head to fly back, hitting the chest of whoever apprehended me. "To this day, you truly haven't changed," he snarls. "Stubborn as ever."

"Care to tell me where I'm going now?" I ask again, arching a brow at him. "Because honestly, you could easily run a bullet through my head. You have a reason behind your stalling. I'm still useful to you, and you know that; so just tell me what you want me to do."

Peter Ratri glares at me with those manipulative green eyes, the eyes that I've seen in nearly every person I've ever met. "I'll make sure that you never escape this place alive," he tells me.

"I'm going home, huh?" I ask, to which he chuckles. "Well, go ahead, then. Make my day. It's better than having to deal with your nephew. He's a lot like you, did you know that?"

Peter Ratri rolls his eyes at me and leads Mama away, lifting his hand. "Take her to Plantation 2."

That was the last thing I heard before getting struck in the head and blacking out.