XX: Saeran's Route (Y/N)

Start from the beginning

There was only a second before Rika's prerecorded voice played out over the speakers, and after that brief moment of calm passed, only chaos followed.

The booms and crashes and screams coming from up above were distant but loud, and there was no question in the fact that the duo that had come to rescue you and Saeran was not trying to be subtle about it.

"That must be them," Saeran thought out loud, looking up. The two of you had been settled in the central dungeons, the most secure part of the Mint Eye but also the part directly beneath the main entrance. Without a doubt, if Luciel and Vanderwood were the ones who had caused that alarm then they were directly above you: 2,000 feet up.

"Why'd you leave th-the alarms on?" Saeran asked, coughing in the middle. It seemed that the effects of the Elixir were still taking their toll on him.

"So that Rika wouldn't realize that I'd disabled everything else," You responded before shushing the boy. "Don't talk. You'll make it worse."

"Th-there's something I need to tell you, though," Saeran whispered, pulling back from the hug. You wanted to admonish and quiet him, but he began speaking before you could intervene. "I know you don't want me to apologize. But I'm sorry, (Y/N). I'm so fucking sorry. These past two months, I've treated you like shi-"

You brought a finger to Saeran's lips, silencing him with a shake of your head. "That's in the past. I forgive you."

"But you shouldn't forgive me! I've been so awful to you!" Saeran continued rambling, lost once more in one of his long apologies. 

You almost laughed.

In all this time, after everything that these past two months had put you through, nothing had truly changed in your relationship. He was still the apologetic teddy bear you cared for. No, he was the apologetic teddy bear you loved.

"Shh," You whispered to Saeran once more, a tiny smile on your face as an idea popped into your head.

"But-"

There it was.

The apologetic teddy bear had spoken once more, another 'I'm sorry' about to roll off his lips when you silenced him with a sweet and chaste kiss.

You smiled into his lips, still young and inexperienced. The only other man you'd kissed in your entire life had been Saeran's own brother, Luciel. But with Luciel it had been different. Hot and passionate, but lacking love.

And so this kiss with Saeran felt as novel and foreign as the future that it would trigger between you two, one filled with happiness and hope and life.

"I don't need you to apologize for anything," You murmured. "Because I love you despite it all."

Saeran hesitated for a moment, before everything holding him back vanished. He leaned forward to recapture your lips, and you felt his shoulders shake and his cheeks grow wet once more as you two basked in the sweet glory of simply being together. It made you smile, to know that something simple as a kiss could bring him such emotion. It reassured you. Deep in your heart, you'd known of your affections for Saeran for years. The implication that he wouldn't feel the same way would have been too much for you to handle.

"But I have one more thing to apologize for," Saeran whispered, bringing his lips a hair away from yours. You were about to tell him to shut up and kiss you again, but as usual, he continued before you had the chance. "This wasn't our first kiss."

You looked up into his eyes, startled.

Had you two kissed before? After so much time together, the idea wasn't that absurd, but you were certain you would have remembered something so important.

"It was during your Secondary commitment. That was the first time. And...despite everything that had been going on, you trusted me. And that was the moment when I realized that I loved you." Saeran leaned forward and met your lips again, unwilling to lose the contact for more than a second.

"I love you," He repeated, kissing your cheek, as if testing the words.

"I love you." He kissed your neck with newfound confidence.

"I love you." He kissed your jaw.

"I love you." Your shoulder.

He traced your entire body like that, sending shudders down your spine as his lips ghosted over every bit of exposed skin, leaving nothing unclaimed with another whispered 'I love you' so that every part of you knew it for the truth.

You could only repeat it back to him when he finally moved back up to your lips, and by then the entire world had stopped for you two. The sound of alarms upstairs in the Mint Eye was like background music, edging the two of you on as Saeran pressed your back to the cell wall, deepening each kiss with his tongue.

Even the sound of bombs seemed far away as his hands made contact with your skin, one resting on your thigh and the other on the small of your back as he pressed your body closer to his. And the sound of screams faded into an off-tune melody that enveloped the two of you as you wrapped your arms around Saeran's neck, a quiet beg for more.

All around you, there was chaos. Mayhem. Havoc.

But your quiet cell was the first glimpse of true paradise you'd seen since your arrival in the Mint Eye so many years ago: and it was a pale-faced paradise with short, white hair, and mint green eyes.

It was a paradise that you'd spent years befriending and loving, a paradise that would be with you no matter where you went.

It was a paradise you loved, and a paradise that loved you back.

It was true paradise.

Word count: 1.7k

Notes: Owowowow im on spring break but this is the week that all the textbooks i ordered in preparation for my exams have arrived T^T wish me luck i get to work out and then do 80 pages of math! how exciting.

Comment & Vote

Next Update: 4/09/20

I do not own the rights to Mystic Messenger or any of the characters within it.