Eden and the Sleepover

That night, after Eden's dad practically beat her almost to death, the saddened and horrified Eden climbs down her window, walking to Stanley's house

Of course, after the events of today, she was more than afraid to be out after curfew and alone.

Tears streaming down her face, a very evident black eye, and many bruises crowded her appearances, not to mention the large cut that was now hid with one of Eden's shirts.

She didn't pass many people, other than some homeless civilians. It was odd. Usually people would be giving the homeless dirty looks, yet now Eden was getting dirty looks from them.

She sighs as she walks up to Stanley's front door, slowly knocking. She's not afraid that his parents see her. Maybe if they do, they'd want to help.

When the door opens, she is greeted with a tall woman who resembles Stanley. She gasps once she takes a look at the beaten blonde, then calls out to her husband.

"Donald!"

"What is it hon—" he pauses as he looks to Eden in shock. "What happened to you? What are you doing at our door after curfew?" Andrea, Stanley's mother, asks.

"I.." Eden stammers, before catching glimpse of the familiar curly headed boy coming out from his room. "What's going on— Eden?"

"Stanley, you know this girl?" Donald inquires. "Yeah. She was my, Uh, orignal partner for the project. Eden, what happened? Are you okay?" Stanley runs up to girl, wrapping his arms around her.

"Stanley, you're going to get your new clothes dirty." Andrea scolds. "Sorry." Stanley pulls away from the hug, stepping away to stand beside his mother.

"My dad.. he did this." Eden admits, glancing at the ground. Andrea mutters something to her husband, before looking at Stanley.

"Sweetie, you can spend the night, we will contact the police about your father." Andrea smiles sadly at her, allowing her to come inside.

"Stanley, why don't you set up our spare mattress in your room." Donald requests. "Yeah. I'll do that. Come on, Eden." He reaches out his hand, taking hers and leading her off to his room.

As soon as he shuts the door, he engulfs her in a hug. She stands there for a moment, until she wraps her arms around his torso in return.

"Eden, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault for agreeing to drop you off in front of your house. It's my fault." He sighs. "It's not your fault, Stan." She shakes her head.