Chapter 17: Hacker

[Your POV]

After eating our breakfast, I walked into the main room, finding the console games Anon was talking about this morning. "Ya like whatcha see?" Anon asked, hopping over to the consoles.

"Hehe, yeah." I said with a giggle, sitting down in front of the portable TV. I looked down at the consoles. "How did you carry these here?"

"I have my ways." Anon said. "A magician never reveals his secrets."

"You're not a magician." Eli said. "You're a lemur."

"And you're just a pegasus." Anon said. "Anyways, wanna play a game with me, (Y/N)?"

"What games do you got?" I asked. Anon picked up a Nintendo Switch controller.

"Oooh! I wanna play!" Eli said, leaning forward. "Where's my controller?"

"Ya don't have opposable thumbs." Anon said, twiddling his thumbs.

"Monkey bastard." Eli said bitterly, laying down next to me, settling his huge horse head on my lap.

"'Lemur'." Anon corrected. "Anyway, I have some games you might like, (Y/N)." He opened his switch and began scrolling through his games. Undertale, Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, and a bunch of other games. Weird...I recognized these games... My initial theory was that August and I had entered a different world after running through those woods. But...they have the same video games as us. Could this possibly just be some kind of extension of my world, but with magic and other things? "Aight, Mario Kart it is!"

"Huh?" I said, breaking out of my trance.

"I asked ya what ya wanted to play and ya kept starin' at Mario Kart 8. Believe me, it's a lot of fun to play." Anon said, shooting me a wink. I raised an eyebrow. "Let's just say it's...'magical'." Okay, now I was TRULY interested. Don't get me wrong, Mario Kart's some good shit, but...after hearing Anon say that, I was even more curious.

"Alright, I want in." Volks said, sitting down next to Anon.

"If it's okay, may I play as well?" Nimh asked shyly, sitting between Anon and I.

"Sure." Anon said, handing them the last two remotes. Anon was Player 1, I was Player 2, Volks was Player 3, and Nimh was Player 4. Anon chose 4 Players and Grand Prix. "We can start with about 100cc."

"I wanna be Bowser!" Volks claimed.

"Bowser's such a hunk, if you ask me." Eli said. "I wouldn't mind him bending me over and-"

"I no longer wanna be Bowser." Volks said, interrupting Eli. "Nimh, I'll be Mario, you're Luigi."

"O-Oh, okay." Nimh said, doing what Volks said. Anon chose Waluigi. I looked down at him with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

"Hey, he's an icon." Anon said, making me laugh. I chose my favorite character, (F/C), and next we got to choose our karts. I chose my favorite kart, wheels, and glider. Volks chose a motorcycle, saying it was cool. Nimh picked out the horse kart, saying it looked nice. Anon went with a four-wheeler, saying it was powerful. After that, we had to pick which tracks. "Which cup should we do, (Y/N)?"

"Um...I like the Lightning Cup." I said, pointing to the medal with a picture of a lightning bolt on it.

"Ya sure?" Anon asked. I slowly nodded my head. "Okay. Hold on tight." 'Hold on tight'? Why would I need to-

As soon as Anon pressed 'A', choosing the Lightning Cup, the Nintendo Switch shined brightly, forcing everyone in the room to close their eyes. I squeezed my controller. "Guys!?" I cried.