Chapter Two: The accident

Two years flew by in the blink of an eye. Roy and I had turned 16. Dick was 11. Bruce, who we had started to finally call Dad, had revealed to us that he was Batman. Roy and I had started training after our 15th birthday.

Roy, known to the citizens of Gotham City as Red Arrow when in disguise, was patrolling the southern downtown district. Batman was patrolling with him. I had been allowed to go solo and patrol the eastern downtown district.

There had been reports of a new villain in town. After a long few hours of seeing nothing out of the ordinary, I sighed. I leaned against the well in the alleyway and called Alfred to see if there had been any other reports, when I heard a scream.

Dropping my communicator, I bolted towards the sound and found a teenage boy laying motionless on the front lawn of Arkham Asylum. Arkham had been shut down and abandoned for the last 25 years. I stood there, scanning my surroundings before walking to the teen.

First I checked his pluses. Weaker than it should be, but it was consistent. Next I checked him to see where he was injured. I discovered a strange burn mark on his outer right thigh.

"No other injuries. Strange," I thought and turned my head towards his face.

"Holy shit! Are those... FANGS!?" I screamed. Of course, doing so, caused the teen to startle awake and wrestle me to the ground. Before I knew what was happening, he bit my neck just above the collar bone hard.

"AH! DAD! ROY! HELP!" I screamed, hoping since I didn't have my communicator, that they would be out looking for me.

(Art is not mine)

"Oh my god what have I done!?" The teen cried out. My cries for help had seemed to snap him out of some type of trance he had been in. He quickly pulled away and tried to clean my wound.

"W-what are you?" I asked quietly as I forced myself to sit upright.

"I-I don't think you'll believe me if I told you," he said looking at his lap.

"Oh I've seen much more messed up shit in my life," I said with a giggle.

"I don't know," he said with a sigh.

"Dude come on. You bite me. You owe me an explanation for it," I said crossing my arms.

"Finnnne," he groaned at me.

After a couple of minutes he said, "I'm a Vampire/Ghost hybrid."

"A Vampire/Ghost hybrid?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Will I turn into a Vampire?" I asked.

"To be honest, you most likely will become a Human/Vampire or a Human/Ghost hybrid. Heck maybe even a Human/Vampire/Ghost hybrid. But you won't know for sure till three days from now at sunset," he explained.

"Okay then," I said quietly.

"Any more question you want to ask me?" he asked, standing up and helping me to my feet.

"Yeah. What's your name?" I asked.

He smiled. "It's Hei Bloodstone," he said. I felt my heart ache as he turned around and faded into the shadows. I almost called out for him not to leave.

"Dianna you idiot! You barely know that boy! For all you know he could be a criminal!" I mentally screamed at myself.

Dad and Roy found me a couple minutes later. After seeing my neck and bandaging it, Dad begged me to tell him what happened. I just shook my head in response and asked if we could go back home.